Is It Possible to Get my Nose Closer to my Face? The Tip and Bridge. (photo)

I have a small head with small eyes and a small mouth. I have a long, pointy nose that dominates my face. The tip of my nose sticks out too far and also i feel as if the bridge of my nose just isn't close enough to my face. I absolutely hate being seen from the side. would my situation be a big procedure with rhinoplasty? About how much will it cost? Thank you so very much for your time!

Hi There,

Here is a link the average cost of Rhinoplasty reported by other community members.

Hopefully this helps!

Getting nose closer to face, de-projecting the nose

+2

It is possible to de-project the nose significantly, although there are some limitations that will be inherent with the rhinoplasty procedure.  It is extremely important to keep the components of the nose in relationship to each other while the entire nose is de-projected.  Obviously it is important not to get a ski slope nose in an attempt to de-project the nose too much.  In addition to de-projecting the nose, it is also important to consider a chin implant to give the chin more projection which will de-emphasize the focus on the nose.  When the chin is retrusive the nose by default will look too big.  The cost for a rhinoplasty is around $7,000 and includes the operating room, anesthesia, and surgeon’s fee.  The combination of rhinoplasty and chin implant is about $9,700 and includes the operating room, anesthesia, and the surgeon’s fee.

Is it possible to get my nose closer to my face?

+2

It is possible to deproject the nose with rhinoplasty. There are a few ways to do this and the chosen method will depend on the individual circumstances of the patient. Cartilage may be repositioned or altered.  If the lower lateral cartilages are too long, they may be shortened and this will deproject the nasal tip. In some cases, the ligaments between the nasal septum and tip cartilage may be released to deproject the nose. Another common method is to perform a medial and/or lateral crural overlay. The overlay technique rotates (lifts upward) and deprojects (brings the nose closer to the face) the nose. Overall, the cost of a primary rhinoplasty ranges from $10,000-$15,000 depending on your needs. My associate Dr. Yoo (who I trained) performs the surgery for $7,000-$10,000. I think you will be extremely happy with the results of a rhinoplasty, and congratulations on taking the first step. Feel free to ask any additional questions,

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty

+2

Deprojecting (or bringing the nose closer to your face) is definitely achievable with rhinoplasty surgery.  An in-person consultation with photo morphing is recommended to determine the best results that still result in a natural and balanced look with the rest of your face.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can best assist you in achieving the results you seek!

Kimberly Lee, MD

Is It Possible to Get my Nose Closer to my Face? The Tip and Bridge.

+2

Yes, Rhinoplasty can decrease the height of the nasal bridge as well as the tip projection.  Aesthetically speaking, from the photos provided, these would be the main areas to address IMHO.  Hope this helps.

Can I get my nose closer

+2

Yes you can. From the photos you have shown many of your concerns are addressed in a routine rhinoplasty. you need a consult with some computer imaging to help you get on the same page with your surgeon and better articulate your goals. good luck!!

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is it possible to get my nose closer to my face? The tip and bridge.

+2

Hello, I have reviewed your post photos and you are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty. Schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. At your consultation the surgeon will do some photo imaging and you will be able to get a good idea of what your expected result will be. Good luck to you.

David Alessi, MD

Is It Possible to Get my Nose Closer to my Face? The Tip and Bridge. (

+2

Thanks for the questions and posting photos. YES you need a rhinoplasty. Fee ranges from $4500 to $8500. Seek in person opinions. 

Rhinoplasty for small size face

+2
When performing Rhinoplasty, the surgeon needs to take into account the entire facial proportions to achieve an esthetically pleasing result. Also, different parts of the nose need assessment so that the nose fits the face. In your particular case, both the bridge and the nasal tip are rather large, and both would need to be corrected. It would require a rather typical Rhinoplasty, but it takes experience, talent and esthetic sense to achieve beautiful results in Rhinoplasty. Make sure you see a few surgeons for a consultation, see lots of photos of patients with similar noses that you have. This will help you pick the surgeon that will create the appearance that you desire. In my practice we charge between $5,000 and $7,000 for surgeon's fee and approximately additional $2,000 for operating room and anesthesia. 

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+2

Your posted photos support your concerns. I would not consider this a "big procedure" but that does not mean you should lower your guard when choosing a surgeon. The bridge projection can be reduced by removing some of the outer bone and cartilage edge of the bridge. The tip can be brought closer to the face by shortening the inner limb of the c-shaped tip cartilages. Your upper lip is tethered and that should be addressed at the same time if decreasing tip projection does not improve it.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD