Bulbuous tip/large nostrils - Is it possible to fix? (photos)

Hi, my nose is extremely round at the tip and I've always wanted to fix that along with my round nostrils. I would like to know if its possible to fix and if there are any before & after pictures of noses that are as round as mine; I haven't found any. I'm only 20 and my nose along with my small upper lip makes me look older than I am. Thanks

Bulbous tip correction

+1
Correcting a bulbous tip is one of the basic steps that I do in a rhinopasty procedure. I usually do not make the cut on the outside for that may cause prolonged swelling of the tip after the surgery.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1
I think your goals are realistic and pretty straightforward to achieve.  The cartilage in the tip needs to be refined and nostrils reduced.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty for the tip

+1
Refining a round, bulbous tip is a very common request.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.  3-dimensional computer imaging can also help you visualize what you may look like afterwards. 

Kimberly Lee, MD

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip repair

+1
The rhinoplasty procedure can narrow the nasal tip with suture techniques to the lower lateral cartilages. Thick skin will be an impediment to seeing a very refined nasal tip. It would also be  a good idea to consider augmenting the nasal bridge with a cartilage graft. For many examples, please see the link below

Bulbous Nasal Tip, Long Upper Lip

+1
You are very likely to be able to achieve a good result from a rhinoplasty. Your round tip and wide nostrils can be refined and made smaller without much risk. Make sure you choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to give yourself the best chance of a great result. The distance between your nose and lip could also be shortened surgically if that's what you desire, and the surgery can be tailored to rotate out the red part of your lip to give more lip show. Best of luck!

Bulbous Tip, Large Nostrils

+1
Your bulbous tip can be narrowed and refined by changing the contour of the tip cartilages and probably placing a cartilage tip graft to define the projection. A properly placed tip graft can also be used to lengthen your nose. I will also recommend that you be evaluated for skin care - it looks like you have some acne and thicker oily skin. Surgery will change the position of the underlying cartilage but it will also be beneficial to reduce the overly thick envelope of skin. All of these suggestions can be evaluated with a thorough physical examination.

Rhinoplasty Candidate

+1
Dear Pinkflame24, I would suggest consulting some rhinoplasty experts in your area and discuss the possibilities of rhinoplasty surgery. The concerns you discuss above can be fixed with rhinoplasty surgery. Digital imaging may be helpful to show you the proposed changes and then your surgeon can discuss what will need to be done in your surgical plan to procure the proposed result. At your consultation your surgeon can also discuss your concerns with your upper lip. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

+1
You have a "Boxy" tip that warrants tip refinement. Otherwise, your nose is well proportioned in terms of your profile and bony structure. A rhinoplasty surgery with emphasis on tip work will serve you best.
I recommend fillers for your upper lip. If all is well and your happy with the initial outcome, you can always have the semi-permanent ones at a later stage.

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS

Nose surgery

+1
PinkFlame24, there is little reason why you could not expect an excellent result from rhinoplasty.  See 2-3 facial plastic specialists who have over 10 years of experience. make sure you like there photos on their website before you visit.  The more photos to review the better. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip, large nostrils, short nose.

+1
Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip, large nostrils, short nose. The tip can be refined and the nostrils narrowed. Your nose should be done by a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon since it is short and will go up farther if not done properly.