10 weeks post op, fear I may have snoopy deformity or early Capsular Contracture, Maybe implant needs to drop? (Photo)

I got 500cc high profile silicone under muscle, I did not have any sagging whatsoever so Im scared I may have snoopy deformity on my left breast since there is still breast tissue hanging under my implant. both left and right feel the same firmness so I dont know if maybe its an early capsule formation? my left is obviously higher and with an odd shape almost torpedo like shape, seems to be exactly the same as the 1st day post op. Should I be worried? I have been massaging, seems to be no change

Implant asymmetry 2 months out

+2
are best managed by your surgeon as we all have our own ideas of how best to manipulate an implant into better, more desirable positions.  But if you do nothing, you can expect your implants to not change much from their current position.  And you do not have a snoopy deformity.  As your left implant settles, it will fill out the bottom better.

10 weeks out from breast augmentation

+2
At 10 weeks post op you are too early to know what your final results will be.  Implants tend to ride high for the first few weeks and they "drop" and soften up over the next 3-6 months. Keep in mind that it is 2 different surgeries. One on each breast. They will swell and heal differently. Additionally, the 2 sides can drop and soften at different rates.  I know it's difficult to be patient, try not to keep analyzing them for the next couple of months. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Luis H. Macias, MD

Snoopy deformity

+2
Thank you for the photos and it is still early to judge your final result though I would recommend wearing a strap to push down on your implants 24/7

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

10 weeks post op, fear I may have snoopy deformity or early Capsular Contracture, Maybe implant needs to drop?

+1
It is completely understandable to be concerned but rest assured that your breasts will heal at different times and the implants will settle each on their own time schedule.  I would suggest that at 10 weeks that you should have been doing some implant massage and laying on the implants to help them settle as it does seem that they are still riding high.  I would schedule a follow up visit with your surgeon for an assessment and their recommendations for massage as each surgeon has their own protocol.  You can also see if the ASPEN protocol is available anywhere in your area. That is a special system of breast massage, ultrasound, and bandaging to help with swelling and healing after breast augmentation. Good luck!

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry 10 weeks after breast augmentation

+1
It does not appear that you have a snoopy breast deformity or capsular contracture. Massage and compression of the breast implant may help with settling and shaping of your left breast. The breast shape will continue to change even beyond 10 weeks. If there is no significant change to your shape after 6 months, discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. At that time a modification to your left pocket dimensions may help to improve your asymmetry. Thanks for sharing your photos and questions. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD