Is It Too Risky to Have 3 Surgeries Done at the Same Time?

I am 38 yrs old,5'4 and weight around 130 pounds and I am planning on having mini tummy tuck, Brazilian butt lift and mini breast lift done it at once, is it too risk? About how many hours it will take? Should I divide it in two procedures?

+4

A minitummy tuck, Brazilian buttlift, and a circumareolar breast lift would take me 3.5 hrs or so.   I perform hundreds of multiple procedure surgeries each year, and I do not have problems due to clinical judgment and short general anesthesia times.  I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  About 25% of my patients have had previous liposuction and Brazilian buttlifts.  It is important to get the Brazilian buttlift correct the first time.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks, breast lifts, Brazilian buttlifts and Brazilian buttlift revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

BBL, TT, Breast lift in one surgery

+2

With safety in mind, your health history will play a big role as well as how long the surgery will take.  A breast lift with or without aug with a TT (Mommy Makeover) is very common to do together, but you may consider staging your procedures and do the BBL later or before.  Recovery for a BBL requires you to lay on your stomach and avoid putting pressure on your buttocks (sitting).  Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss all of your options including recovery.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

as your height and weight are ok. you may to get 3 surgeries at same time

+2

i would rather choose first breasts lift second mini TT with lypo and  finally to put fat  tissue on your  Butts   BBL.

This should be planned  at least since  15  days  before surgery date, checking  lab test, giving the medicines  adecquated  to support this kind  of  surgey

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Risk with multiple surgeries at same time

+2

Thanks for your question. One of the biggest determinants of surgical risk is the amount of time the procedure takes-- the longer the time of the procedure, the more risk. Performing multiple procedures, particularly in combination with the tummy tuck, has been shown to be associated with higher risk. The BBL procedure has a large liposuction component to it; and during the procedures you described (BBL, tummy tuck, breast lift) positioning and repositioning will be required and will lengthen the time under anesthetic. I don't think that anyone in an online forum can give you a truly accurate representation of the risk here, but in my practice I would not combine this: the recovery would be easier and the results easier to protect (ie, with positioning) performed separately. I would recommend seeking out several different opinions of board certified plastic surgeons, who can accurately assess your personal health status and risk. Good luck!

Matthew Concannon MD

Matthew Concannon, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Safety of Multiple Procedures?

+2

Combination procedures including a mini tummy tuck, Brazilian butt lift and mini breast lift are commonly performed. Whether you are a reasonable candidate for those procedures depends on your anatomy, your medical history, realistic expectations of the outcome and an understanding of the pros and cons of the various procedures. Safety should always be the main concern. The length of surgery depends on your particular anatomy and your surgeon, but it is generally recommended that the length of elective surgery be less than six hours. If your surgeon anticipates that it will take longer, then staging the procedures may prove safer. The procedures should be performed in an ambulatory facility that is accredited by one of the national organizations like the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (AAAASF) or in a licensed hospital. I would recommend an overnight stay at an appropriate facility where you can be appropriately monitored. Most patients prefer undergoing one anesthesia and one recovery period which is usually more cost effective.

Keep in mind that following the advice of any surgeon on this or any other web site who proposes to tell you what to do without: examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, and taking a full medical history, as well as discussing the pros and cons of each operative option would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with, and discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. That way, you can have a better idea what is safe and makes the most sense for you.

Robert Singer, MD  FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Stage the Procedures

+2

I know many surgeons say that they do these procedures together I do a lot of BBL's. I have yet to determine how anyone could allow the grafts to be under pressure for a duration of time to do another procedure. In my opinion the procedures  should be performed at two different settings.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Combined procedures

+2

If you are in good health, these three procedures are done together often.  Please voice your concerns to your plastic surgery to discuss as well.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

TT, BA and BBL togerther?

+2

Safety is the most important outcome and your health history will be a major determinant. The procedures can be done together. BA and TT are considered mommy makeover. So that can be done together. BBL will require you to be on your side or tummy so it is not wise to do the BA/tummy tuck and BBL at the same time. Operating times will vary but consider results and safety over the number of hours in the operating room (within reason of course).

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Is it risky to combine three procedures at the same time?

+2

Thank you for your question. The procedures you list, tummy tuck, BBL and breast lift are commonly done together. This is also known as a mommy makeover. Patient selection is very important. This means that you must be healthy and have a BMI of 30 or less. I do these procedures in my AAAASF accredited in office surgical suite under intravenous sedation and epidural anesthesia, and my patients are ready to go home in about half an hour after their surgery. Although surgical time is important, I do not believe that the long term outcome should be compromised for speed in the operating room. See a board certified plastic surgeon for an indepth consultation and who is comfortable and has the experience in these procedures. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Safety of Combined Procedures

+2

Multiple procedures can be safely performed in one setting. But it depends on your health status (past medical history), your anatomy, and the amount of surgery/type of procedures to be done. Your surgeon may recommend an overnight stay depending on the overall length of your procedure(s).  Please confirm that your plastic surgeon is board certified plastic surgeon specifically by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.  

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS