Any Risks of Repeat Smart Lipo?

I have scheduled a repeat procedure in 2 weeks as I did not see any significant improvement after the first treatment. I am very nervous as the first treatment was very painful and I have been reading a lot of posts about dents and bump. Wondering if there is greater risk having it done again?

Secondary procedures in liposuction

+1

Repeat procedures involve doing liposuction in an area that has more collagen from the healing of the first procedure.  Tenderness after the procedure and more bruising can be seen.  Your physician needs to explain all the risks, including skin damage from the laser heat energy if done in the same area again.

Smartlipo and other liposuction procedures are more difficult to perform and more painful when repeated.

+1

Smartlipo and other liposuction procedures are more difficult to perform and more painful when repeated. It is always wise to get a second opinion.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

It all depends on the surgeon qualifications

+1

Please make sure that the surgeon is qualified to do the surgery. You can check her or his board certification at plasticsurgery web site. The board certified plastic surgeon can tell you if you need lipo or lipo and tummy tuck of none of the above. If your are not happy with the first surgery,what is going to be different this and you ask your surgeon the exact same question.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon