Are There Any Risks for Removing Silicone Cheek Implants? Cost?

Only a month has gone by and I know I made the wrong decision. The implant was inserted through my lower eyelid. I don't like the look or the feel. I would also like to know a ballpark price for the procedure. Thank you.

Silicone cheek implant removal risks and cost

+2

The first place to start would be the surgeon who performed the procedure.  He would know best, what was done.  We are always happy to listen to our patients and what they like or don't like about their procedure.  Good communication both before and after the procedure is key to obtaining wonderful results for our patients.  Sometimes, it may be something that just requires clarification such as postoperative swelling.  Sometimes letting the healing process take its course may be all that is needed. 

However, removal of implants are certainly possible.  While usually a relatively safe procedure, risks would include bleeding, infection, and damage to nerves.   Particularly in the cheeks, damage to the nerve that provides sensation to the cheek and upper lip is possible but unlikely. 

The cost of the procedure would vary, and would probably range from $500 to $2500.

I hope this is helpful.

Irvine Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek Implants, Cheek Augmentaion, Cheek Enhancement, Cheek Fillers, Perlane, Radiesse

+1

You didn't mention if the Cheek Implants were silastic, medpore or something else.  I have performed Cheek Implant Surgery for over 20 years and won't take medpore implant cases any longer because I just can't get the implants out.  Medpore fuses with the underlying bone in as little as 1 month making standard remoavl procedures impossible.  They have to be literally ground down off of the bone. 

If your Cheek Implants are silastic, yes they can be removed at anytime.  I would not take them out through an incision under the eye but rather through an incision on the inside of the mouth.  This IMHO is the best incision for placement and removal of Cheek Implants.

Are you certain you don't want to wait the typical 3-6 months for the Cheek Implants to completely heal and settle?  That's the average time required for the face to accommodate Cheek Implants, so 1 month seems rather hasty unless you just don't like the idea of having Cheek Implants.

"Buyer's Remorse and Change of Heart one month after Cheek Implants

+1

Regarding :  "Are There Any Risks for Removing Silicone Cheek Implants? Cost?
Only a month has gone by and I know I made the wrong decision. The implant was inserted through my lower eyelid. I don't like the look or the feel. I would also like to know a ballpark price for the procedure. Thank you
"

You should really discuss this with your surgeon. All operations are associated with inseparable potential risks and most Plastic surgeons are reluctant to become involved in cases of "buyer's remorse". The implants may be removed either through the lower lid incision or through an upper gum/lip incision. Infection, numbness, swelling, asymmetry, nerve damage are but a few of the complications. The cost of the operation will vary widely by where it is done (Beverly Hills VS. Jackson, Tennessee) and in what setting (an accredited, certified OR suite or someone's procedure room).

Dr. Peter Aldea