Risks of Using Lumigan Instead of Latisse?

Is Lumigan and Latisse the exact same thing or is one stronger than the other. My doc prescribed Latisse but told me that if I use Lumigan that I could run into all kinds of problems.

Lumigan and Latisse

+2

There is no difference between Lumigan and Latisse. They are the same product. Latisse is an Allergan product packaged with brushes to apply to your upper eyelid margin in order to achieve longer, thicker and darker eyelashes. Lumigan, the same product, is packaged by Allergan to be placed as an eyedrop in order to treat glaucoma. I think your doctors point was the following.....if you use Lumigan, in its eyedrop form, just to make your eyelashes grow, then you are exposing yourself to a much higher dose of the product than you need. Applying Latisse, on a small brush, to your upper eyelid margin, exposes you to a much lower amount of the product....and, will cost alot less too.

Baltimore Ophthalmologist

Latisse and Lumigan are the same

+2

Both of these medications are the exact same down to the packaging of the bottles.  The difference is the labeling and the applicators supplied with Latisse.  As was stated above, they are both brimatoprost 0.03%.

Jon Dishler, MD
Denver Ophthalmologist

Latisse and Lumigan

+2

Both of these medications are bimatoprost ophthalmic solution 0.03%. They are identical. The difference is the labeling, and the Latisse comes packaged with applicator brushes.

Gary Kawesch, MD
San Jose Ophthalmologist