Are the Risks Increased by Having Two Procedures Completed at Once?

I am considering a breast reduction and tummy tuck following the birth of my fourth child. Are the risks increased by having the procedures done at the same time?

Mommy makeover

+1

As long as you are healthy, combining a tummy tuck and a breast lift/reduction should be fine.  I do them all the time and the patients are very happy.

For healthy patients, Mommy Makeover is very safe

+1

Hi there-

Provided you are in good health, combining the procedures should be quite safe.

In fact, the risks associated with the combination should be lower than the cumulative risks of having the two surgical procedures performed separately for healthy individuals, provided your surgeon is experienced and can complete the procedures for you in a reasonable period of time (less than about 5 hours).

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Combination Surgery

+1

It really depends on your health.  If the patient is young and healthy I usually have no issues to perform combined procedures.  It really also depends on how long you will be under general anesthesia as well.  Each surgeon sets their own limits as to how much surgery they will perform at once.

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Breast reduction and tummy tuck are safe together.

+1

Hi.

People call this a mommy makeover, and it's usually very safe.   If your health were not perfect, or if you were significantly overweight, then probably best to do tummy tuck and breast reduction separately.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Mommy makeover risks

+1

As long as you are healthy and in good shape, and if you choose an excellent top rated plastic surgeon, there shouldn't be any significant risk of doing a breast reduction plus TT (mommy makeover).  Be sure the surgery will last less than 6 hours to be safe.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS