Risks from Chemical Peel for Sensitive Skin?

I have extremly sensitive skin, rosacea, hyperpigmentation and acne scarring and want a Chemical peel but am scared about the risks of scarring or an extreme reaction. Is it best avoided in my case?

Chemical peels for sensitive skin

+1

I perform chemical peels for sensitive skin all the time and it can be a very useful treatment. The key point is to have your peels at a medically-supervised clinic, and to start slow and at low concentrations of the peeling agent. Make sure you get a superficial peel such as glycolic acid. You may want to try some of the over the counter glycolic acid products for a few weeks and see how you tolerate those first. I would plan to do your peel on a Friday, so that if you did have some peeling and scabbing, you'd be good to go for Monday. Scarring from superficial peels is incredibly rare in the right hands.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon