Risks of Browlift?

Hi, I´m 23 years old and my right eyebrow is not in the same position like the right one. I consider a brow lift surgery. What are risks of this surgery? And can be moving back of a hairline fixed by hair transplant? Thank you. Jerry

Browlift in a Young Male

+1

An asymmetric browlift can be performed by several different approaches but an exam will be necessary.  Provided that there are no facial nerve or muscle issues, a trial of Botox should be considered prior to deciding on surgery.

Risks of Browlift?

+1

Thank you for your question. We are all not 100% symmetrical so decide if your asymmetry is worth the risks and money spent.  See a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss if you are a good candidate, evaluate your options, and discuss all the side effects that could be associated with surgery. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Browlift

+1

The risks of the browlift are the same as with any other surgery, scarring, bleeding, temporary or permanent nerve damage, hair loss

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Risks associated with brow lift

+1

Great questions, it is important to be well informed about any surgical procedure you are considering. Every surgery has it's general risks, and the ones associated with a brow lift are as follow. Keep in mind, these risks are not expected to occur, but it is important the patient is aware of the possibility prior to having surgery. There is the potential for an issue moving the brows or muscles of the forehead, infection, scarring, hair loss at the site of the incision, nerve damage (which is usually temporary), asymmetry, altered hairline (depends on technique), and need for a revision. Incisions are usually very well hidden, and using an endoscopic technique will avoid issues with the hairline and minimize the chance of some of the associated side effects from occurring. I would recommend discussing any concerns about alteration of your hairline with your prospective surgeon to ensure there are steps taken to prevent this from occurring. Modern techniques help prevent any hairline issues from occurring. Thank you and I hope this helps!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Browlift

+1

Brow position can be adjusted at the time of the brow lift, which is done with a coronal lift rather than endoscopically.  It is important to adjust muscles when if there is hyperdynamic activity of either the corrugator, procerus, or frontalis muscles.  The hairline will need to be addressed by either raising or lowering the hairline depending upon incision placement.

Risks of Browlift?

+1

Dear Jerry,

The browlift procedure is very safe. In someone with asymmetric eyebrows and/ or a high hairline, I have found that a traditional "open" browlift is most effective at providing improved symmetry. Further, if you have a high hairline, the tricophytic approach can lower your hairline while raising the eyebrows and improving eyebrow symmetry. However, a true assessment of the best procedure and approach would require an in-person consultation. With regard to risks, the main issue with an open browlift is numbness in the scalp. This typically improves with time but can, in some cases, be permanent. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow asymmetry

+1

The first step is finding out the reason for brow asymmetry, at your young age.  Two possible reasons are bony facial asymmetry (with one side of the face smaller than the other) and eyelid ptosis/droopy with brow elevation/compensation on the affected side.  If the problem is the latter, then brow lifting is wrong thing to do but rather eyelid ptosis surgery.  If the brow if the problem, then there are various surgical options available for brow lifting.  Botulinum toxin (Botox) can also help improve brow symmetry.  See a facial plastic or oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Browlift

+1

Depending on how much asymmetry you have, an endoscopic browlift can prevent any change in hairline.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Risk of browlift surgery

+1

Most of the time I carry out brow lifts for a situation like you describe through an incision along the front of the hairline.  This will raise the brow and might also help to move the hairline forward with certain modifications of the technique.  It is also possible to do the surgery through short incisions behind the hairline with the aid of an endoscope.  The most common risk of a brow lift surgery is incomplete correction of the deformity.  This might surprise you but there is a relatively complex interplay between the tone of the skin and the activity of the forehead muscles that raise the brow.

John Q. Cook, MD

Risks of browlift.

+1

In 35 years of performing the Irregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift which we developed I have not had any complication  and your hairline will not be pulled back and therefore, you will not need any grafting done.