Is ultrasonic liposuction best for Pubic Liposuction in Males?

Thank you for all the answers to my previous question. It is much appreciated! Further questions:

1. From the research I've done, ultrasonic liposuction seems to be the best for this area. Is this correct?

2. Will a special pair of compression underwear need to be worn? I'd imagine it would compress the pubic area, but have a hole for the genitalia to hang out?

3. As healing occurs, is there any risk of underlying scar tissue formation leading to loss of penile length?

Ultrasonic male liposuction

+1

It depends on the looseness of the tissue. If the tissue is very loose, no liposuction is a good idea. Skin needs to be excised and the tissues need to be lifted. If the tissue is firm (i.e. not loosened) almost any liposuction will do well. I use ultrasonic liposuction frequently and find it most useful in two cases:

1. When the tissue is at marginal elasticity.
2. In secondary suctions.

Reston Plastic Surgeon

"Pubic liposuction"

+1

Ultrasonic liposuction would be a good choice for pubic liposuction in males, however the most important factor is not the instrumentation use by the surgeon, but it is the skin of the surgeon.

George Weston, MD
Reston Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the mons pubis in men

+1

I always tell patients it is not the wand bu tthe magician holding the wand that creates the magic.  Any form of liposuction can be successful to treat this area.

Ultrasonic vs smartlipo vs tumescent liposuction for suprapubic fat

+1

Even if there is more fibrous fatty tissue in your suprapubic area, it does not mean that the end result is better having ultrasonic liposuction or smart lipo.  It might be easier for the surgeon to do but the end result might be the same. I am not aware of a study that compared one side done with one methodology and the other side with another and then analyzing the result.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Ultrasonic liposuciton for male pubis

+1

I generally prefer ultrasoinic liposuction for treatment of the love handles or male breasts and commonly use tumescent liposuciton for the pubic region.

Does ultrasonic lipo give superior results in the pubic area?

+1

Ultrasonic liposuction has been around from the early '90's. It did evolve over the years and in the last 8 years I've been using the VASER to treat more fibrous areas including the pubic area. The VASER also causes skin tightening. The laser, like smartlipo can cause skin tightening as well, but I'm not teribly impressed with the laser. I personally would not use them together. They both work by creating heat and if there's too much heat to the underside of the skin you might end up with a burn and skin slough. Compression garment will help support and keep swelling down. These garments have the crotch cut out. Because of this you can expect imressive but temporary swelling of the genitalia. I always warn my male patients to avoid a 2AM call because of this. Regarding scarring at the base of the penis from this procedure should be zero if it is done by an experienced plastic surgeon. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

+1

Yes but! UAL is good for fibrous fat in the pubic area with minimal skin retraction. If you add Smart Lipo to the mix than using both UAL + Smart Lipo will give the better result. 

Specialize compression garments are available. No the length of the penis will not be affected. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski

Ultrasound liposuction advantages

+1

While traditional liposuction works great in most areas of the body, certain regions may be easier to treat with power assisted (PAL) or ultrasound assisted (UAL) liposuction. The pubic area may more fibrous than the abdomen and so UAL is a reasonable choice.

A compression garment would be needed and they are available with a proper opening for both male and female anatomy.

I am unaware of any reports of scar tissue causing a loss of penile length. At first, the swelling may make the penis appear shorter, but this will resolve and perhaps even make things look better than before if the pubic tissue was significant.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Male Liposuction

+1

While all liposuction techniques do basically the same thing (remove fat), US liposuction if particularly good at removing areas of dense fibrous fat such as that often found in the pubis and male chest.  Yes a special garment is usually required for a period of three to six weeks to provide adequate compression and the prevention of seromas.  As healing occurs, the pubic fat pad shrinks as does the overlying skin often resulting in the increase in visible penile length.  While the penis does not actually change in size the loss of the overlying fat pad increases the visible shaft and appears to add length.

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon