Risks of Being Under Anesthesia for Five Hours?

Dear Doctors I am having a bimax surgery. It's a five hours long procedure. I am afraid of forming blood clots and having a heart attack or embolism. How efficient are compression stocking if I wear them during and after the surgery? This is my fourth general anaesthesia surgery. Everything was fine with the last three. But none of the previous surgeries lasted five hours (only 2 hours) I am 28 years old, my weight is normal, I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't take birth control pills. Thank You

Risks of Anesthesia

+1

The biggest risk with ANY type of surgery involves the general anesthesia. You should discuss your concerns with the anesthesiologist in ADVANCE of the surgery. Weigh the risks and the rewards of the surgery, and together make a decision.

New York Cosmetic Dentist