What Are the Risk Factors for a Mini-tummy Tuck Too Soon After a C-section?

How many women get mini-tummy tucks right after a c-section (without recovery time in between)? Are some women better candidates for tummy tuck immediately after a c-section? 

Mini Tummy Tuck After C-Section

+1

I would not do a mini tummy tuck or breast surgery shortly after a C-section because your body needs time to resolve many of the changes that have occurred during pregnancy including enlargement of your uterus and skin contraction. I will usually wait a minimum of three months before considering these cosmetic procedures.

Tummy tuck after C-section

+1

I do not think it is a good idea to have any type of tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) surgery immediately after undergoing C-section. Most patients are not where they need to be physically (and in many cases, emotionally). Ideally, you would wait until you have reached your “baseline weight”, are clear that no more pregnancies are planned, and no longer have an infant who needs your full attention.

Mini-tummy tuck immediately following c-section

+1

While many women choose to have their c-section incisions closed by a plastic surgeon, I do not generally recommend a formal mini tummy tuck as the time of c-section.  Your tissues are extremely swollen at the time of delivery, and the uterus has not yet contracted, so it is not possible to remove the maximal amount of tissue, furthermore, your diastasis or muscle separation cannot be properly repaired.  It is generally better to just wait until your body had healed and you have lost your pregnancy weight before proceeding with any form of tummy tuck.  

B. Aviva Preminger, MD

Mini tummy tuck after c-section

+1

The risks should be very similar to getting a tummy tuck much later after a c-section.  While there is a savings of time and perhaps money I am not a big fan of combining a tummy tuck after a c-section.  My reasoning is simple.  Your body before/during the c-section period is not the body you would have had after the C-section.  In order to really get the best result possible evaluation of what is needed from the plastic surgery standpoint should really occur after your body has had a chance to settle back to its base form.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD