Complications After Revision Tummy Tuck

Revision on Tummy tuck,lipo on flanks, back. I had this done before but i still have this major bulge above my pubic area and my sides are uneven. Im 39 healthy, my hemoglobin was low but same number as the 1st surgery. What is the most common complications after revision Tummy tuck. I did fine with general anesthesia 1st time, after i was in my room as i dosed off to sleep again my heart rate droped low. is this normal? ive had 5 major surgerys before and no problems. Will this time be ok?

Predicting the outcome

+2

It is difficult to predict future outcomes of surgery without knowing the full story and even then it can be difficult.

Predicting biology (surgery) is similar to predicting the weather: based on science but not 100% accurate

+2

Predicting the future may be like predicting the weather. It is based on science but it is not always accurate. This leaves us to provide you with generalizations. Without knowing the specifics of your particular case, you should generally see improvement and refinement of your resutls with time.

Unevenness after Tummy Tuck Revision

+2

It really depends on how long after surgery you are now. It takes longer for swelling to resolve after revision surgery -- a lot longer. Most unevenness tends to subside with adequate time, but again with secondary (revisional) surgery, only time will tell. If there is still some scar irregularity after about 9-12 months, then minor revisions there should help. Your surgeon is, as always, your best resource to answer these types of questions.

Verne Weisberg, MD