Is This Rippling? 5 Days Post Op. (photo)

Hi I had breast augmentation performed 5 days ago with 410cc moderate plus profile silicone implants placed sub muscular with muscle release (dual plane) On my left breast in the position that i imagine is where the pectoralis muscle runs along i have a visible indent that to me looks like a ripple (photos attached)I am wondering if this is rippling and is it likely to get worse or is it the edge of the muscle that is visible and will go away

Rippling 5 Days Post Op

+2

It is much, much, much too soon to tell. Your breasts will change over the next several months. I don't even take after pictures until at least six months post-op. Relax for a bit and reevaluate when everything is settled. 

Rippling

+2

It is unlikely rippling so soon after surgery.   The usually takes 3 months for the swelling to disappear.  It is difficult to tell but it may be a small hematoma (blood collection) or artifact from your garment.  Nevertheless your plastic surgeon can tell better by an exam but very likely to resolve with time.

Rady Rahban, MD

Rippling.

+1

it is way too early for rippling.  looks like a small collection of fluid which will probably resolve with time.  good luck

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Wrinkling Implant

+1

These photos do not represent wrinkling.  This is most likely representative of swelling since it is only 5 days after surgery.  This should improve over time.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Is This Rippling? 5 Days Post Op.

+1

TOO early to tell at 5 days ONLY. Allow healing for at least 3 months before addressing this issue. Thanks 

Irregularity of the implant due to muscle contraction

+1

From your photographs this does not appear to be rippling of the implant.  It looks more like an irregularity of the lateral breast will most likely due to a the muscle displacing the implant.  

Breast Implant Rippling After Breast Augmentation?

+1

Sorry, but very difficult to ascertain with photographs only. For example, could be related to muscle ( or muscle spasm),  swelling,  temporary indentation from bra or garment, or breast implant rippling. Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource.

Is This Rippling? 5 Days Post Op

+1

I don't think that is a ripple, but without an actual exam I wouldn't be able to tell. Best would be a visit to your surgeon with this question.

All the best. 

A bruise may create the contour irregularity immediately after breast augmentation.

+1

The photo demonstrates what appears to be a significant bruise with associated swelling creating a contour abnormality. I don't see any signs of implant rippling, but these may emerge as swelling subsides.