Rippling at Bottom of Breast?

Can I add I had overs before with no rippling and now I have unders. I had 300cc with no rippling at all and changed to 580cc then down to 480. I have a lot of rippling under the breast.When I bend over the rippling is very bad at the bottom and under the breast to feel and see. I have textured silicone. Is this because of the size of the implant? If I reduced which I do want anyway would this rectify or I have stretched the skin too much and this is why it's happened? I am 2 months post op and I'm at a point where the thought of my partner seeing me horrified me.

Rippling in lower pole

+2

If you ahve rippling in the lower pole, you might benefit from Strattice to add another layer of coverage for your implants. Best to be seen in person.

Rippling at Bottom of Breast?

+2

The implants should be switched to smooth cohesive or form stable and a dermal matrix can be used for camouflage.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast augmentation revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rippling at Bottom of Breast

+2

As always, photos would make it much more likely that you will get useful advice. Otherwise there is not enough info to go on. A few general comments:

• Form stable implants (Allergan style 410) are less likely to have ripples than any other products. Consider these if downsizing.
  • If you still with "highly cohesive" gels, consider using smooth implants which are less likely to  have ripples. 
  • You may need to consider a breast lift with the amount of downsizing you are considering. 

Spend a lot of time with your surgeon to make sure you are both in agreement about your goals. All the best. 

Acellular Dermal Matrix ( Allografts) to Treat Breast Implant Rippling?

+1

I am sorry to hear about the concerns you have after breast augmentation surgery. Downsizing of breast implants will not necessarily improve the situation. I think your best bet might be the use of a cellular dermal matrix to provide an additional layer of tissue between the breast implant and/or skin. You may find attached link helpful to you as you learn more about this option.

Texturized implants have a higher incidence of rippling.

+1

Texturized implants were introduced to decrease the risk of capsular contracture. They do not. Furthermore, there failure rate is higher in there is a greater likelihood that rippling will occur because of the way to capsule adheres to the implant.