Will Rippling on Belly and Fold on Inner Thighs Go Away or is This Permanent?

Am now 17 days post-lipo of inner/outer thighs, stomach, and back. A couple of days ago, I began to see rippling/waviness on my stomach and a fold of what appears to be loose skin/fat on my inner thighs. Is this temporary or will it be permanent? Will this eventually smooth out and tighten? Please help!

Ripples from liposuction

+2

Unfortunately, these may become permanent.  Especially in the inner thighs, the skin is very thin and doesn't lend itself well to aggressive liposuction because the skin doesn't shrink as well.  Visit with your doctor and see what suggestions they have with regard to garments, massage, etc to try to do everything so these are not permanent.

Ripples after lipo

+1

No one can tell you what your result will look like on New Years Eve. It's so early that comments are premature. Send us a photo around Christmas time and we can give you better advice. and please ask your surgeon.

Ayman Hakki, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Rip[pling post lipo

+1

I would be patient and wait for the swelling to subside.You should have a better idea after 6 weeks.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Ripples after liposuction

+1

The results from liposuction can take a while to see. There is a three stage healing process in general. The first stage takes about 2-3 weeks and you will see the initial shape. It takes 2-3 months (second stage) to really begin to see the detail. The fine details and some nagging areas with numbness or swelling can take 6 months to a year to resolve (third stage). You are barely through the first stage of healing and should not go crazy over what you see now. It will change over time. If the things you don't like are still there after 3 months have gone by you should visit with your surgeon to discuss possible options to improve things. 

Keep the faith! Things will definitely get better from here.

Adam Rubinstein, MD