Rippling and Slight Denting in Breast Implants?

Hi there I had my implants put in nearly 20 years ago (im now 39). I am more than happy with them, they are silicone. However recently i have noticed rippling and denting on the inside cleavage area .. . is this somehing to be concerned about? and what causes this? I have had some weight loss in the past six months . .. my implants were never "large" (34C). Just wondering if i need to seek help? Sitting up straight diminishes the appearance nearly, but i can feel with my hands dents

Breast Implant Rippling and Denting Can Be Improved with Fat Grafting

+2

Rippling and denting of Breast Implants is common long term and your weight loss likely made it worse.

There is nothing dangerous or unusual about this so you do not have to do anything about it if you are happy with your look and not terribly concerned about the appearance.

If however, you sre distressed by this and want correction there are options.

The new technique of Fat Grafting, when done by an expert can conceal the rippling and provide a good solution. This avoids surgery on the implant pocket-which could cause new problems.

Rippling and Slight Denting in Breast Implants after weight loss.

+1

Almost all implants have ripples. They are more noticeable in these settings:

• Saline implants
  • Implants above the muscle
  • Implants in thin patients

Your ripples may have been there for years, and with weight loss and presumably some loss of breast volume they are now easier for you to notice. 

This is not a sign of something bad going on. If it bothers you, find a surgeon in your area to consider the options you might have.