1 Day Post Botox: Can I Use Makeup on the Bruises?

Makeup Post Botox

+1
Yes, makeup can be applied one day post Botox.  I typically recommend waiting at least 1 hour after injections before any makeup application.

Bruising from Botox

+1
Botox is a great injection to rejuvenate your facial appearance.  You can have some temporary bruising from Botox and all injections that you can cover with makeup.  Oral and topical Arnica also helps make the bruises go away faster. 

Michele S. Green, MD

Make up on Botox bruises

+1
Yes, you can use any make up to conceal the bruises.
Dermablend, available on-line and in some department stores, is very effective. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

+1
Yes, it is ok to apply makeup on any bruises following Botox injections. We advise patients to avoid any rubbing of the area right after the injections take place. I would recommend following up with your provider regarding his or her specific guidelines. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Make up after Botox for bruising

+1
Yes, you may use makeup for your bruise.  Many patients have Botox on their lunch break and will apply light makeup to their face before the return to work.  Depending on the technique and dilution used, some physicians ask that you not "rub or manipulate" the area that the Botox was injected to prevent migration.  You may want to check with your doctor to be certain.  

Suzanne M. Quardt, MD
Palm Springs Plastic Surgeon

+1
You can apply Make-up  or icing the area immediately after your Botox treatment, Usually a bruise will resolve within 7 days

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

+1
Yes, you can use makeup immediately after Botox injections. If you are experiencing some bruising, I suggest icing the area. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Makeup After Botox

+1
I almost never get bruising from botox injections, but you can use makeup immediately after treatment if needed.  Icing would help if there is swelling or a true bruise, as well.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Makeup after Botox

+1
YOu can apply makeup as soon as you would like after Botox injections. I prefer that my patients ice for a few minutes and wait an hour or two as I do not want them rubbing and manipulating their faces.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Makeup after Botox

+1
Yes, since there is essentially no skin disruption short of a fine needle entry site, there is no reason to avoid products on your skin surface.

Daniel Lensink, MD
Redding Ophthalmologist