Chronic Sinus Infection 2 Years Post Rhinoplasty

I want to know if being 26 now would my nose have shifted back to were its causing this chronic sinus infection.

Rhinoplasty most likely not the cause of chronic sinusitis.

+1

I doubt that your Rhinoplasty 2 years ago is the cause of your chronic sinusitis.  Sinusitis is most often caused by an obstruction of the middle meatus that allows the maxillary sinuses to drain underneath the middle turbinate.  These turbiantes are typically unaffected during a Rhinoplasty however, you should ask your surgeon if he/she thinks what they did during the Rhinoplasty had any effect.  You should have a CT scan to work up your chronic sinusistis regardless.

Best Way to Evaluate Chronic Sinusitis Two Years After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Dekotah,

You should share your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon.  If she/he is not an ENT, then get referred to one.  If you were my patient I would get a limited coronal CT scan of your paranasal sinuses.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Rhinoplasty and Sinusitis

+1

Any obstruction of the passages that allow air to circulate within the sinuses can potentially cause sinusitis.  The changes to a nose that are made during rhinoplasty - whether they be functional (related to breathing) or cosmetic (related to appearance) - are unlikely to either improve or worsen chronic sinustis.  You would be well advised to seek the opinion of a sinus surgeon who will be able to offer you the best medical or surgical treatment for your ongoing problems.

Andrew B. Denton, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chronic sinus infection 2 years after rhinoplasty

+1

This may be totally unrelated and incidental. However, any obstruction can cause chronic sinusitis. Continued or new deviation of nasal septum as well as scars at the opening of your sinuses can also be the culprit in this case. Best follow up with a Facial Plastic Surgeon or an Otolaryngologist for accurate diagnosis.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chronic sinus infections after 2years post rhinoplasty.

+1

Chronic sinus infections after 2years post rhinoplasty is not normal and you should return to your surgeon and have xrays  to make sure you have an infection.

Rhinoplasty and Sinusitis

+1

Sinus infections can be affected by a deviation of the nasal septum, but not typically by changes made by most types of rhinoplasty.  This is best evaluated by a surgeon who performs rhinoplasty as well as sinus surgery, to determine how best to address both issues.

Hope this helps.

Jason Lichtenberger, MD
Bellingham Facial Plastic Surgeon