Right Side of Lower Abdomen Has Less Fat Than my Left Side?

I wanted to know if there's any way I can have any kind of surgery done to take out extra fat on the left side of my waist. It's not like its a lot but you can still tell the difference. The reason why it's like this is because I had surgery on the right side of my lower stomach to have my appendix removed and now that side is a little more Lean looking than my left. Is there any type of surgery I can have to fix it.??? I'm not looking forward for having a big scar around my waist either. :(

Liposuction may help

+1

Liposuction can be used to remove fat asymmetrically to correct uneven fat distribution from either natural asymmetry or that caused by trauma or surgery. If you have good skin elasticity and the amount removed is not excessive, this can yield great results. In addition, in your case some adherence of the appendectomy scar may be contributing to the uneven distribution. A scar revision may also help to make things look more even.

I suggest that you consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine what will work best for you.

Scarsdale Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for Abdomen

+1

Asymmetry is very common for many reasons. Liposuction is a great way to thin the abdominal wall fat and even out the fatty layer thickness. If there is some redundancy of skin on one side or the other from the previous surgery, you will continue to have differences. Liposuction doesn't tighten the overlying skin envelope, but some skin retraction does occur if the skin is tone with good elasticity (meaning without stretch marks, laxity and looseness). I would recommend a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine your candidacy. 

Hayley Brown, MD

+1

Pictures or an exam would be helpful to evaluate the appropriateness of surgery.  Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA