Right nipple looks odd

I finally decided to do a breast reduction after being uncomfortable for the past 20 yrs. Had surgery some 3 weeks ago and I moved from a DDD/E and am now a Small C. I'm sure I will go down some more as my breasts are still very swollen. Overall I am happy with my results and regret not doing it earlier. My one concern however is that my right nipple looks out of place compared to the left. I also feel sensation in my left nipple and none in the right. Is this common. Should I be concerned? Thks

Dr. Kimberly Henry

+1

Hello, thank you for your question! Nipple sensation may come back, it can take up to two years. I suggest waiting until things settle, as swelling can cause asymmetries. If it is still uneven after four to six months, it can always be revised, so no worries! I hope this helps, and if you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to call me at my office or email me, drkimberlyhenry.com!

Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Post Breast Reduction Nipple and areola

+1

Three weeks is still early to know the final outcome of your breasts and nipples. There is still swelling at this point, which can explain the look of the nipples. It is also still early to know whether you will resume full sensation in both nipples. I'm sure you have already followed up with your PS once after your surgery and have ensured that you are healing well. Good luck with your recovery.

All the best.

Alexander Golger, MD

The nipple and areola may look strange for several months after breast reduction.

+1

it is common for the nipple and areola to look odd in shape for several months after breast reduction. This will improve as the swelling subsides.