My Right Eyelid & Brow Droop Causing my Eyes to Look Uneven. Could Surgery Help? (photo)

It is also particularly noticeble in close up pictures.It makes me feel self concious regarding my appearance. Would cosmetic surgery a) be able to fix this? and b)be worth undertaking(taking in consideration the degree of droopiness,appearance etc.)? Thanks for your time.

RIght eye and brow droop?

+2

Thank you for your question. It is very difficult to evaluate your photos as they are at different  angles with side lighting. Although you are concerned about your right eye/brow, it appears in In several photos that your left side and not your right side is slightly lower.   However,the differences between your right and left brows/eyelids are minimal and do not warrent any surgical correction nor any non surgical treatment for that matter.   

Uneven eyelids and how the brow affects this

+2

You photos are all at different angles and tilted so it's a  little tough to give great advice, however, here's what I can say:

1.  The left brow is a bit lower/heavier than the right and seems to be pushing the lid down.  Elevating the brow a little would help this.

2.  You appear quite young in your photos.  I would say, overall, surgery is not worth the time, money, down time, and potential risks at this time.  You have very pretty eyes and don't think others are focused on this. 

3.  A good non-sugrical option you could try right now would be a concervative amount of Botox in the left crow's feet area.  This allows for a little brow elevation.  Give it a try.  At worst it doesn't do exactly what you want and it wears off in 4 to 5 months.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

My Right Eyelid & Brow Droop Causing my Eyes to Look Uneven. Could Surgery Help?

+1

Better photos from the front with you in a relaxed state would be required in order to evaluate the eyebrow and eyeld positions.  I have performed Brow Lifts to raise low eyebrows on women as young as 27 (with unusually low eyebrows) although this is more typically done for women in their late 30's and fourties.

Facial asymmetry

+1

It appears you have bony facial asymmetry, with the right side of your face smaller than the left side. This means the right eye socket area is smaller and more compact.  Everyone has some degree of facial asymmetry, some more than others.  Surgery can help improve symmetry and camouflage asymmetries.  There are also possible nonsurgical options. Consult an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Droopy eyelid

+1

From the pictures posted, it apperas that your left eyelid is lower than the right, unless these pictures were taken from a mirror. However, most likely, the problem is facial asymmetry that exists in every patient. Yours, may be little more exaggerated and can be improved with endoscopic forehead lift with incisions hidden behind the hairline. 

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unilateral browlift

+1

You may be a candidate for a unilateral brow lift pending better pictures and preferably an in person examination. If you have an endoscopic or a hairline approach , your hairline might be changed by an operation.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid asymmetry treatment.

+1

Eyelid asymmetry treatment can help even out the problem with a browlift if that is the problem. I would need better pictures or an exam to tell for sure.

Endoscopic Browlift For Asymmetric Lower Eyebrow

+1

Based on the pictures you have shown, it appears that you one eyebrow that is lower than the other one. When the eyebrow is lower, it also pushes down on the underlying upper eyelid sulcus making it look lower as well. The lower eyebrow could be lifted through a one-sided endoscopic browlift. By lifting the eyebrow, it will also make the upper eyelid look more symmetric as well.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Brow ptosis

+1

Without a straight picture it is difficult to tell what exactly is going on with your eyelid and eyebrow. It seems that you have mild brow ptosis. This could be fixed with botox, surgery (eyebrow lift)..

Chris Thiagarajah, MD
Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

What's up with the crooked pictures?

+1

These photos are too confusing.  How about a straight ahead photo?  It does look like the left eyebrow is lower than the right eyebrow.  What you really need is a personal consultation with a very expereinced cosmetic oculoplastic surgeon, cosmetic facial plastic surgeon, or a aeshthetic fellowship trained general plastic surgeon to assess what is going on.  I am of course biased and think your best option here is the cosmetic oculoplastic surgeon but we can be hard to find.  Note that BOTOX or fillers might be all you need to make a big difference for this issue.