Right Breast Tightening After Revision Surgery to Smaller Implants?

I had my orig implants removed and replaced with smaller ones (150CC rt &125CC lft) a mo ago. It was done thru the orig underarm incision/path. The first orig sx was a yr ago went fine & all healed well. After the revision sx a mo ago, the first thing I noticed is the right breast was very swollen. Now the right breast appears to be tightening. I am fearful I have contracture. Is it too early for this to occur & is there a chance it will be ok? what can be done to help this cond if I have it?

Breast tightening 1 month post-op

+1

I would continue breast compression and massage and make an appointment with your plastic surgeon to be further examined.

One month out and a capsule

+1

It is unlikely that at a month after surgery  you have a capsular contracture.  if you are concerned you should go to your surgeon to be evaluated.

One month is early for capsular contracture

+1

It usually take many months to have the development of a capsular contracture, though you might have another issue if your implant/breast is swollen and firm. Best to let your surgeon have a look.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Capsular contracture?

+1
It is early for a capsule to form, but not impossible. Without an exam, there is no way to tell if you are developing a capsule or having a postop complications of a different sort, so I recommend that you return to your plastic surgeon for followup.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.