Right Breast Got Swollen After 4 Months, GP Thinks It's Infected?

I had breast agumention 4 months ago. everything went well apart from the right, The scar heal really well but it was getting painful hard and smaller than the left. I spoke to my surgeon he said to give it time. a month later it bacame soft and nomal like the other.just starting to get use f my new bust size.dalima strikes again. it got swollen. my GP gave me antibiotic and said I have an infection . what did I do if I hit it.I told her,I just stared to use the Gym 2 weeks ago. What is going on

Swollen breast 4 months post op

+2

Dear Kinta,

Infection around the implant is a serious issue.  If it is not dealt with aggresively, the implant may need to be removed.  I would advise that you see your surgeon as he or she will want to make sure that this is dealt with appropriately because these things can drag on and on if not treated properly to start with.  Good luck.  Jonathan Staiano

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Some things can't be answered on the Internet, breast implant infection?

+2

Return to see your plastic surgeon as soon as possible so that your breasts can be examined by the person who did your surgery. This is not a situation that can be taken care of on the Internet. Best wishes.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Infection after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Unfortunate without direct examination  is not possible to give you good advice. You should be seen by your plastic surgeon as soon as possible.

See your surgeon

+1
You should see your surgeon as soon as possible for a better evaluation of your concern. They can check how to resolve this. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Swollen breast at 4 months

+1

At 4 months if one breast gets repeatedly swollen, it may be a sign of infection. You should really be evaluated by your doctor in person.

My right breast got swallen after 4 months, possible infection.

+1
There is no question that you should see your plastic surgeon immediately and should know that an infection around a breast implant needs to be cared for urgently. I also know that you are trying to understand what is going on. Here is some answers: Breast infections after augmentation declare them selves by increased swelling but also redness and pain or tenderness. There are lower grade infections that can miss some of the signs mentioned above. If an infection develops the breast implant would have to be removed, the area allowed to heal and another implant inserted several months later. It is also possible that you have a fluid collection called a seroma which is less serious. A complete history and physical examination by an experienced plastic surgeon is mandatory to determine if there is an infection and how to take care of it. Don't take this lightly and see your doctor or if you don't get a proper response seek other opinions.

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

+1

immediately return to the surgeon or get a second opinion from a PSs in your area. Infected implants are an emergency.