Right Breast is Larger Than my Left Breast. What Are My Options?

I am 17 years old and when I started purberty, my right one grew faster than my left one. Since then, thy are two cup sizes different. Is there anything I could do now to help even them out? I also have discovered a light brown patch under my right breast nipple. It seems like a hickey, but it isn't because it's been there for some time. Does anyone know what it might be?

Breast asymmetry

+1

Everyone is asymmetric to some degree.  The most important thing to discuss with your plastic surgeon is whether your left breast is constricted.  Your surgeon will be able to determine this during your exam.  The breasts can be very close in size, but it is often impossible to make them exactly the same.

Breast asymmetry

+1

Your situation is more common than you probably realize.  The good news is that you have options to help bring your breasts into better symmetry.  The larger breast can be reduced to more closely match the other, or the smaller breast can be augmented via an implant to make it closer in size to the larger breast.  I would recommend a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to help you evaluate these options.  The brown patch under your breast could be many things.  A visit to a dermatologist may help you with a diagnosis on that.  Good luck!

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Uneven or asymmetrical breasts

+1

Breast asymmetry is very common so don't feel that you are different. The solution from a surgical standpoint will depend on what volume you prefer. If the smaller volume is your preference then a reduction of the opposite breast would be necessary. If the larger volume is your preference then an augmentation with an implant probably would be required on the smaller side. Whether or not a reshaping procedure such as a breast lift would be dependent on your exam. I suspect that the pigmented area could be a pigmented mole or a portion of the areolar than formed outside of the nipple area. However, if it is something new or has changed in any way it should be seen by a dermatologist and possibly biopsied.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Breast growth

+1

Each breast can grow differently, and they may stay that way. If you are not happy with the way they look, you can have a consultation with a  plastic surgeon to have surgery to correct the asymmetry.

Correcting breast asymmetry.

+1

First and foremost you should know that breast asymmetry is extraordinarily common.  Many many women have significant asymmetry and this is normal.  There are a variety of options to correct asymmetry depending upon your goals.  In cases of asymmetry the natural breast  tissue can be altered, such as in breast lift and reduction.  In some cases if needed breast implants can be used to help improve upon asymmetry.

It is important that you see a board certified plastic surgeon so that you can learn your options and their consequences.  Your surgeon can also evaluate the lesion that concerns you.  It is something that cannot be diagnosed without photographs and is best seen in person.

Good luck.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Options for correcting breast asymmetry

+1

All women have slight asymmetry between the left and right breast. When there is a large asymmetry, the options are 1) Reducing the larger breast to match the smaller breast, 2) Enlarging the smaller breast to match to the larger breast, 3) combination of both with or without lift.  It will depend on how large/small your breasts are as well as how they are shaped and how large you want to be.  You should wait until your breast size has stabilized.  Please visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Sugene Kim, MD

Breast Asymmetry

+1

Yes, there are many options to help with breast asymmetry.  I would suggest visiting with well experienced plastic surgeons who can discuss all of your options with you and also show you examples.  Your options would be possible breast augmentation, possible breast lifting, possible breast reduction and/or some combination of the procedures.

It would be best discussed after a physical examination and best for the surgeon to know the goals you would like to achieve with the surgery (show photos of what you like).

Treatment for asymmetry...

+1

Treatment for uneven breasts falls into one of three categories:

1. Make the large one smaller

2. Make the small one bigger

3. A combination.

Depending on your size, one of my favorite approaches is to make the breasts symmetric in volume and incisions and then augment both with the same size implant. The approach will of course depend on your anatomy. I cannot tell you about the brown patch without a photos. Good Luck

Brian Klink, MD
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon