Right Breast Implant Higher? (photo)

I'm currently 23 days post op i feel like my right breast is tighter and higher and my nipple is a little lower. Its also more tender and i was instructed to so a new massage to push the implan into the lower outer pocket. Im just worried that they wont even out the left one is also lower on the bottom than the right. The first picture is from a week ago and the rest are from today.

High Riding Implant at 3 Weeks

+1

A high riding implant at 3 weeks is not unusual.  Massage and time can bring the implant down if the pocket has been dissected to the extent necessary.

Implant asymmetry

+1

You are so early after surgery that I wouldn't be overly concerned with implant position just yet.  I tell my patients to do "normal" activities within reason (wash your own hair, reach for the plate on the shelf, etc)--this allows the chest muscles to stretch a bit and settle a little more quickly.  I also use robaxin (a muscle relaxer) for my patients to help the muscle settle more quickly.  You could discuss these options with your surgeon and see if he or she thinks they might help you. Meanwhile, try to be patient with the process--I think you'll be fine in the long run:)

Carmen Kavali, MD

Right Breast Implant Higher?

+1

Best to see your surgeon to demonstrate the massages in detail. Still very early in healing phase but you can always obtain a second opinion. BTW who was your surgeon? and at what center did you have surgery? From MIAMI Regards. 

Early in the Healing

+1

You are just 3 weeks after surgery.  Your implants will soften and swelling will decrease.  Just give it time. I think your augmentation will be fine.

Dr.ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Implant position early post-op

+1

It is very common for the implants to be high initially after surgery.  Give it time to settle as the muscle relaxes.

Right Breast Implant Higher?

+1

It is quite common for the implants to appear to be high early after surgery for submuscular implants. Often but not always the implant on the "handed" side is the higher one.

Submuscular implants are sitting as if they are at the bottom of an envelope. The breast fold, like the bottom of the envelope keep the implants from descending. At the upper pole is a large space under the muscle and above the ribs, and that space goes up to the clavicle (collar bone). Typically the implant position looks fine at surgery. As the patient awakens, the relaxed pectoralis muscle contracts, pushing on the implant. This displaces the silicone (or saline) which bulges into the upper pole, the only direction with room to expand. The lower pole of the breast may seem to empty out. But the implant itself doesn't actually move. As the muscle relaxes over several months, the upper pole no longer bulges and the implant position looks like it did in surgery.

Looking at the photos, these look pretty even for this stage of recovery. Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Patience.