Right Breast Not Dropping. Doctor is Charging Additional. What Are My Options?

Im 9 weeks post op of a breast augmentation and anchor lift. My right beast does not want to drop and it's actually still kinda numb. I also have a stich on my left ariola sticking out and one under the right breast where the anchor lift was done. When I went back to the Dr he said I will need to have another surgery and have the implant pulled down but I would need to come up with another $1750.00. This is a financial hardship but if you can kinda give me some kind of advise.

One breast not dropping after surgery

+2

At 9 weeks post op after that much surgery it is far too early to be considering any revisionary surgery in my opinion. There is still swelling and I have found that swelling can be asymmetric. So I would recommend waiting until at least 6-9 months before taking about a revision. By then you may have evened out enough so that such surgery is unnecessary. Good luck.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant settling into place

+2

Generally your final shape after an augmentation and a lift can take quite some time.  If one side is too high at 9 weeks I would recommend waiting longer to consider a revision.  You may be pleasantly surprised to find that your implant drops in to place, it may just take more time.  

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS
Irvine Plastic Surgeon

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
Maybe wait a little longer to see if it comes down or look into your local training program where the residents have an aesthetic clinic and you can get a discounted revision operation

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Additional Charges For Non-Dropping Breast Implants

+1

At 9 weeks post surgery, it is too early to judge your results.

It is possible that your right breast implant requires a little more time than usual to drop.

Nonetheless, if a corrective surgery is to be considered then you will need to have a full recovery before you can undergo the procedure; this is usually about 9-12 months after the initial surgery given that no complications happens during the recovery process.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Breast Revision at 9 Weeks Post Op?

+1

Assuming that you have chosen your plastic surgeon wisely and that he/she is a well experienced board certified plastic surgeon, he/she is in a much better position to evaluate your situation (vs. online consultants).

Each office has their own policy regarding returning to the operating room and generally, charging for the OR and anesthesia is customary.

Implant issue

+1

It sounds like the fee he is charging is for the facility( staff, supplies, etc.)  This is customary in most practices.