Right breast hasn't dropped, will I need a revision done? (photo)

I am 7 weeks post op from my breast augmentation. By the second week my left breast had dropped to its original position. But to this day my right breast has stood higher than the left. I know I'm a few weeks fresh from surgery. I've had the band on for quite some time, my doctor told me I need to wait at least 6 months until I see change but I just feel my breast won't drop or I might even have to go back for a revision. I feel a slight soreness every time I massage the lower part of my breast.

Post op appearance

+1
It is really too soon post-op to assess a final outcome. As hard as it is, please be patient and let the swelling resolve and the implants drop. Best of luck.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Post op worry

+1

You are still relatively early in your recovery and post operative period. I would expect the implant to continue to settle over the next several months. No surgeon would take you back to surgery at this early stage. That would be an error in good judgement. Follow your surgeons advice and recommendations.

Terrence Higgins, MD

Implants can continue to settle

+1

but if you were my patient, we would be focusing on bringing the higher side down with more massage and asymmetric use of a leisure bra.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast augmentation

+1

You should give the breast at least 4 months from surgery to come down. If it doesn not, then you may need a revision.

I suspect you will need a small revision

+1

Dear BeautifulMelody,

I think that you are right in thinking your right breast will not likely drop to the full extent needed without a revision. There is no way to know this for sure so communication about the timing and extent of the right breast relaxing will be needed. Your plastic surgeon will know best about what occurred during surgery and what may happen with more time. In my experience the amount of tissue/pocket relaxation decreases with time, making the need for a small revision to the right breast more likely.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast Implants

+1

Looks to me to be the other way around, it seems like your left is higher. I would continue with the massage and just wait some more

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC