Is This Right? Bad BA Revision Results (photo)

First Breast Augmentation and Mini-Tummy Tuck in June 2011. Subglandular, Silicon 600cc's both sides, inframammary incision. First photo is 3 mo's post op (note these were taken in mirror so left/right is reversed). I was not happy with assymetry (left noticably smaller) and rippling. My PS agreed and I had revision 3 weeks ago (mid-Oct). My PS next went submuscular, 650cc right/800 left! As you can see, this just doesn't look right. I don't trust my PS anymore. What do you think? Thanks

Misshapen breast augmentation can be fixed.

+2

Hi.

1)  You are right.  You do not have a good result.  Wait three months, and see two other plastic surgeons.

2)  I would urge you to get smaller implants, in addition to fixing shape and asymmetry.

+1

Very asymmetric result with size differences. Best to find other opinions in person. Sorry, only further surgery can improve. 

Implant choices

+1

For now, I suggest you wait a few months for things to settle. Then consider revision and probably smaller implants, but I will emphasize while you can probably get them closer in volume and maybe shape they will not be exactly the same as no one has the exact same breasts.

Incorrect implant choice

+1

Whatever the size increase you wanted, those implants look just far too big and wide for your frame.  These are going to cause problems now, as they have, and more in your future.  I think you should seek a few other consultations now in your area.  Allow the selling to settle and see where you are in a few months.  But a revision looks likely to be needed and I'd advise going smaller this time.

BA revision

+1

It is too early to tell. One issue is the size of implant exceeds your body's dimensions. Picking this size leads to a higher rate of complications and revisions.

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and  pictures.

Since you are only 3 weeks out of your revisionary surgery,  it would be in your best interest to allow for a few more months before judging the final outcome of the procedure. In the meantime,  I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

If several months down the line you are still displeased,  and have lost “trust” with your plastic surgeon than a 2nd opinion would be indicated.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

Breast augmentation revision with asymmetry

+1

While it is still earl in our recovery process, I would agree with you that you have asymmetry between your left and right breasts.  I would first encourage you to voice your concerns to your plastic surgeon -- another issue, in addition to the asymmetry  is that your implants are too large for your body proportions, and this may contribute to the unsatisfactory appearance.  After discussing options with your plastic surgeon, if you still feel that this is no longer a good relationship, then consider a second opinion with another board certified plastic surgeon.

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon