Have 375cc. Will I Be Too Big With 550cc? (photo)

I Have Right Now 375cc in Both Sides. Im 5'6, Weigh is 140, I Just Had Appt Last Saturday and the Dr. Recomend 550cc my concern is i dont want to look at porno star i want to look natural.. this is my picture thank you!! for ur help..

Revision breast augmentation, breast implants, implants

+1

First of all don't worry about the exact size of the implant.  It is much better to find a surgeon that know how to fit an implant into your body frame and style.  The base diameter is much more important than the implant size.  

Travel to Tampa and I will assist you. 

Palm Harbor Plastic Surgeon

Carefully communicate your goals for appearance, regardless of implant size

+1

Hi there-

If your implants had the number on them that you thought you wanted, but you did not look the way you were hoping to, are you going to be happy?

Conversely, if your are perfectly happy with your final appearance, but your implants are a different size than you thought you wanted before surgery, how will you feel about your outcome?

Your best bet is to carefully communicate your desired appearance to your surgeon and let them choose the implant (during surgery ideally) that gives you the appearance you desire. Your chances of being happy are much higher than through any other method.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Have 375cc. Will I Be Too Big With 550cc?

+1

Very hard to advise even with posted photos. In person evaluation allows better judgment calls. My feeling is a 500/550 cc implant can work nicely. But the sub glandular location is not the norm. Please discuss with your chosen surgeon. 

When are implants too big?

+1

This answer will probably put me at odds with many of my plastic surgery colleagues, but for you pictures, I don't think going up to 550 will produce a good result from an artistic standpoint.  Be particularly careful if the implants are in the subglandular plane (under the breast and above the pectoral muscle).  Time and gravity will have their way and the natural breast structure will thin out quite dramatically over time. This produces its own set of problems.  It's really not fair to do simulations or review pictures of short term results, because this gives the impression that the results will stay this way over the long term.  The real question is ,"how will these breasts look in 5 or 10 years?'  Caveat emptor!  I discuss these issues from my somewhat biased personal perspective on my website  Johnqcookmd.com

John Q. Cook, MD

Breast Implant Size for Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

Assuming you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully, the next step would be  to communicate your goals  carefully with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "porn star” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Is 550 cc too big?

+1

Your anatomy looks like it could accomodate the larger size without looking too big...however, it is difficult to determine without an exam...there are different styles of implant to consider also and these will affect the overall shape of your breasts, as well as the size...discuss the shape with your surgeon as well.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Is 550cc Too Big?

+1

In my practice I always have my patients choose their size. We offer 3D imaging using Vectra and implant sizers. It is a little more challenging to size patients who currently have implants. I do recommend not going too large to my patients as you don't want them to look fantastic just after surgery but for years to come. Bottom line: you need to be comfortable with the size! This is your body and your money. 

Sincerely, 

Dr. Hartog

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Revision breast augmentation

+1

Hi there.

Your photos suggest you could tolerate up to about 500cc implants but you may need a slight lift, as the added weight of the larger implant may further pull on the lower part of your breast, which already shows some signs of possibly needing some lifting, especially in the frontal view. Obviously, an in-person consultation would be required to adequately assess you and offer you the right operation. Feel free to schedule an appointment and get enough opinions to help you make your decision. Good luck!

Tim A. Sayed, MD, FACS
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon