Am I Getting the Right Size Implants?

Right Now Im a 34 Saggy C Cup! 125lb 5'3. I'm Getting Silicone 475cc Tomorrow What Will That Bring my Cup To?

I want to make sure I'm making the right decision on impants! Please help. I want to be a full D to a DD!

Cup Size after Breast Augmentation?

+2

I would suggest that you concentrate on achieving a certain “look”, not a specific cup size, with your breast augmentation surgery.
Unfortunately,  no plastic surgeon is able to accurately predict what cup size you will end up wearing after breast augmentation with a certain size implant. As you know, you may end up wearing different bra cup sizes depending on who makes the bra.
I would suggest that you communicate your goals with your plastic surgeon ( I prefer the use of goal pictures)  and ask him/her to do his/her best to achieve the results you're looking for.  You may want to leave it up to him/her to use a breast implant that he/she feels will do the job based on intraoperative evaluation.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
 I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
Again, in my opinion, it is best to set your goals and  level of satisfaction with the results of surgery,  on achieving a certain look/proportionality,  not a specific cup size.

Breast Implant size/

+2

Yes you are doing a step in the right direction. None of us can tell you without an examination  exactly what to expect, and no patient is sure she's made the right decision until she lives with it for a while. You may need a little lift later. There are 4 degress of lift: nipple lift, circular lift, vertical lift and maxi-lift (Anchor). My patients wait to decide if they want a lift later. If they do the nipple lift is all they usually need and that is only another $1400 for my patients.  Dr Foster

Lawrence Foster, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

The larger the implant, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Are 475 cc implants right for me?

+1

Great question. I'll be blunt. It all depends upon what you are trying to achieve. If you are just trying to make disproportionately large breasts that will not look natural and want to stretch your breast tissues and eventually cause uncorrectable deformities, then you are probably doing the right thing.

I cant tell what implant is right for you without the opportunity to examine you, take detailed measurements of the tissue characteristics of your breasts (which takes about 3 minutes), and spend some time trying to understand what it is you are looking to achieve. That said, I cannot remember a single time in my career when a 5'3" woman who weighs 125 lbs needed to go to 475 cc to fill out her breast soft tissue envelope!

I strongly would recommend that you take some time to educate yourself as to what is best for you. I would suggest that you get a copy of The Best Breast 2 by John and Terrye Tebbetts and read it. I think afterwards, you will understand why a 475 cc implant may not be best for you.

Mark D. Epstein, MD
Stony Brook Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+1

Most likely that will increase your size to at least a DD.  It will all depend on your frame.   Larger implants have more long term complications.

David A. Lickstein, MD