Ridges on Side of Nose After Rhinoplasty

I had rhinoplasty four weeks ago. I had a small Bump removed from the right side of my nose. The surgeon also performed a nose lift which I didn't want but he said that and straightening my side profile. The problem is that I have two dark rides on the side of my nose and I have been wearing glasses but I don wear glasses. Will these disappear or should I consult my surgeon asap. I am so worried that I did this surgery as am unhappy with my very visable nostrils from the front, before surgery they weren't viable from the front at all. But my concern is the ridges on the sides of my nose. They look so awful. Help!

Ruffles Should Have Ridges, Not Noses

+3

Hi Nose,

Do schedule a follow up appointment with your surgeon. It is not emergent, but schedule it as soon as you can conveniently.

The "ridges" that you describe are where your nasal bones were incised during your operation. When a hump is removed, the nasal bones are usually narrowed. The ridges should resolve with time. The tip of your nose should also drop with time so that you should have less nostril show.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Allow nose to heal before deciding on revison rhinoplasty

+2

The ridges on the side of the nose are usually caused from edges of the nasal bones where your hump was removed. It has only been approximately four weeks since your surgery, and the nose needs to heal before making any decisions about revision rhinoplasty. It is acceptable to wear sunglasses or reading glasses after four weeks status post rhinoplasty.

Final Rhinoplasty results takes 6-12 months

+2

What you describe is quite common after Rhinoplasty and will change over time. It takes months for the nose to drop and then your nostrils won't show as they do now. It takes 6-12 months.

Ridges After Rhinoplasty

+1

Ridges can be seen after hump removal and coincide with the edges of the nasal bones.  Give your nose time to heal and see if they become less obvious with time.

Web reference: http://www.shahfacialplastics.com/nose.html

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon