Ridges and Elongated Tip, 2 Months Post Op?

Hi all! I am currently 2 months post op and to be honest, I don't really see very much difference in my nose at all. I'm still just as self conscious as ever about it. My surgery was to reduce the width and tip of my nose and remove a bump across the bridge and just generally make it smaller, all things I discussed with my dr beforehand. Now, ridges have begun to form along the sides and my tip is still quite long. I'm beginning to think I made a mistake. Should I be looking into revision?

2 months after rhinoplasty

+1

In general, the final result of rhinoplasty is not evident for 18-24 months following surgery. 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months, and the remainder goes down over time. Swelling can be influenced by the following: thickness of the patient's skin, whether the procedure was a revision, whether tip work was performed, and whether the procedure was open or closed. It is not uncommon to still have residual swelling at this time. The nose continues to change throughout the healing process. I would give it a little more time and see how you continue to heal. Your surgeon should be able to answer any questions, as they know the extent of your surgery and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/face/rhinoplasty/

2 Months after Rhinoplasty and Concerns over Lack of Results

+1

The concern about not enough change after rhinoplasty is the number one thing that troubles patients after surgery.  At 2 months, you should not be making any sweeping judgements about the nature of the long term result.  Give it more time and try to be patient.  Rhinoplasty is frustrating, because it takes longer to see results than other forms of plastic surgery.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

To Soon in Recovery to discuss revision rhinoplasty

+1

Daer sec12, At two months post surgery it is to early to start discussing revision rhinoplasty. Give your nose some time to heal and discuss with your surgeon your current concerns.  Hopefully he/she will be able to give you some peace of mind regarding where you are in the recovery phase. Your surgeon will know best what was done during the surgical procedure and what you should expect as your results. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D. 

Web reference: http://michaelelammd.com