Ridges After Facial and Neck Liposuction

I am 5 weeks post facial and neck liposculpting and platysmaplasty. I have 2 long ridges along and under left cheek bone. How can these be removed?

Ridges or bands after facial and neck liposuction and liposculpting should resolve with massage

+2

Ridges or bands can occur particularly after liposuction or Liposculpture of thin tissue when the cannula is placed near the skin surface.

Typically these ridges or bands are small collections of blood and scar tissue in the tunnels left behind by the cannula.

They most always disappear with warm compresses and vigorous massage.

This process can take 6-8 weeks.

Ask your doctor about this. In some cases the ridge may be fat left behind lying adjacent to an area where the fat was removed. If this is the case then a revision may be necessary, but certainly not before 6 months of conservative massage therapy

Chin and Neck Liposuction and Skin tightening

+1

Laser skin tightening using the Resilience Lift in my office is ideal for tightening the skin after neck liposuction.  Sometimes, a neck lift will be necessary, however.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Chin Lioposuction

+1

You will need an examination by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine if you have ridges or indentations.  The ridges may be swelling or inflammation or there is fat removed adjacent to the ridge, giving the appearance of a raised area.  An exam is needed to palpate the area and diagnose the problem.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Face and neck bands after face lfit surgery

+1

It is not uncommon for these to persist for about 6 weeks after surgery. THereafter, they tend to resolve as the scar tissue matures. As always, discuss with your surgeon.

Ridges After Platysmaplasty

+1

Without seeing you it is hard to know what you are describing, but you are still very early in the healing process.  Be patient and give it 3-4 months.  It cna take that long for everything to find there normal position.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon