How To Improve Depressed Scar and Ridge 1 Month Post-Op?

I had rhinoplasty 34 days ago. There is a ridge on the right side of my nose but not on the left, formed by a depressed part on right side that the skin sticks firmly to the bone. What should I do? Is there any massage or other way? I`m so worried especially because it is asymmetric.

Irregularities soon after rhinoplasty-treatment options

+2

Time, time, time is your friend!

For a rhinoplasty result to reach it's final shape, it may take 6-12 months and the nose WILL change and in most cases WILL improve.

Be patient.

Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Irregularities noted following rhinoplasty

+2

Thirty four days is very early in the healing process for a rhinoplasty so be patient as full healing can take up to a year or more. You should contact your surgeon with your questions so as to better understand your situation as well as to see if you need to do anything to aid the process.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Swelling versus cartilage after rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for the question.  At one month following your rhinoplasty it will be hard to tell how much of the contour you are seeing is from swelling or from the actual nose shaping procedure.  I definitely would give more time.  Your plastic surgeon can also help guide you along this process in terms of massage versus just waiting since he/she will know what has been done during your procedure.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD