How Soon Can I Ride my Street Bike Motorcycle After Breast Implant Surgery?

How soon can i ride my street bike, specifically stunt ride? It does require pushing and pulling not as much as a push-up but more comparable to pulling/pushing and extra heavy door... I'm on my 13th day counting surgery and today was the first day I got back on the bike but came home a little sore.. Please inform me of the risks (capsular contracture) and when or if I can start riding again!!! I got the split muscle technique for my implants (picture below, no not dual plane)

+2

I would wait 6 weeks, the standard for exertional activity. If you fall and land on your implants, it would be no worse at 6 weeks than at a year. My main worry would be an increased risk of an accident if post op pain limits your reaction time.

All the best. 

Healing After Breast Augmentation

+1

Healing After Breast Augmentation

Complete activity is usually safe after 6 weeks. Capsular contracture is less of an issue than displacement or bleeding.

Extreme sports after ba

+1

Hi,

this is a great question! I hope you are doing well. I would agree with the other docs here; 6 weeks MINIMUM. Don't rush your recovery. don't do anything to compromise your long term outcome. 

If your stunt riding is risky, you may want to consider body armor. Take a look at the Zena line of foot ball pads for females. This is meant for full contact football and has protection for shoulders and breasts. It may be overkill, but i would not want to risk your outcome from a fall or accident on the bike. 

Make sure you wear decent leather too to protect the skin and a helmet! 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Stunt Riding After Breast Augmentation

+1

I would wait a full 6 weeks before returning to stunt riding. There is no reason ro risk creating a hematoma from a fall, leading to potential capsular contracture down the road.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Bike Writing after Breasts Augmentation?

+1

Your plastic surgeon alone should be your resource when it comes to determining the return to specific activities after the specific procedures performed.
He/she will know exactly how you are progressing and whether or not you have experienced any complications. Remember, that he/she is ultimately responsible for your care. Online consultants' advise here may be confusing (and even dangerous).

Capsular contracture is not one of the concerns associated with returning to activity too quickly.

Bike riding after breast augmentation

+1

I think in most cases I have patients wait about 6 weeks after surgery before allowing them to particpate in vigorous exercise.

Stunt Riding after Breast Implants

+1

Stunt riding after breast implants should be started a minimum of 6 weeks later.  Hematoma and scar disruption are less likely at that time.  This would not have an effect on capsular contracture unless an intracapsular hematoma occurs, which may impact the formation of capsular contracture.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA