How Can I Get Rid of Undereye Bags?

I've pretty much had undereye bad since the day I was born an I was wondering if there are ways to get rid of them besides surgery. Like facials or products, etc.

Options for lower eyelid bags

+1

Injectible fillers such as restylane, juvederm, and belotero can in skilled hand help to camouflage lower eyelid bags, but only to a point.  The trick is to fill in the hollow beneath the bags.  If you have severe protrusion of the fat, surgery usually works best.  In younger patients with good skin and muscle tone, the fat can be approached through the inner surface of the lower eyelid, a procedure known as transconjunctival blepharoplasty

How Can I Get Rid of Undereye Bags?

+1

Undereye bags result from orbital fat pushing forward. The definitive treatment is lower blepharoplasty where some of the fat is removed or repositioned. If you're seeking to avoid surgery, dermal filler can be placed to camouflage the bag and fill in the hollow below the bag. Filler treatments are performed as an office procedure and require 30-45 minutes. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/blepharoplasty/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical Lower Eyelid Bag Improvement

+1

Generally, there are a few options to improve the appearance of the lower eyelids, eye bags, or dark circles. First option includes basic skin care, tretinoin, and/or chemical peels. This nonsurgical method helps improve the skin quality, reduce pigmentary changes, and improves overall appearance of the lower eyelid & cheek areas.

Second more advanced option is an injectable filler or fat to plump up the area. Fillers are made of material that is slowly removed over time. Hyaluronic acid facial fillers such as Restylane or Belotero have been used to help smooth this area. Facial fillers treatment is performed in the office vial local anesthesia and with long-lasting results.

The last option, and also the most aggressive, is eyelid plastic surgery. Cosmetic surgery of the lower eyelid may remove or reposition fat in the eye bag area, and possible remove some sagging skin. Plastic surgeons typically don't recommend cosmetic eyelid surgery in young patients. However, each patient is unique and circumstances may vary. Age alone is not a determining factor if a person is a cosmetic surgery candidate.

Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a specialist help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/facial-plastic-surgery/eyelid-surgery.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ahh, no.

+1

Surgery or fillers are generally how these are addressed.  However, it is worth trying a good under-eye moisturizer.  While this is not a sure thing, moisturizing the skin can make things look much better.  You might even be satisfied with the level of improvement you achieve.  For select people, a chemical peel is also a potential option but this is kind of like a surgery. 

Options to treat under eye bags

+1

There are basically two options to help treat under eye bags.  One is the surgical option, which involves removing some of the protruding fat which causes the puffiness.  The other method, which is non-surgical, would involve injecting a filler, like Restylane, under the bag to help even out the area and improve it.  The result from the Restylane would be temporary, whereas the result from the surgery would be much longer lasting (i.e. years).  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eye bags

+1

If you've had "eye bags" since you were young, its likely you have lower eyelid prolapsed orbital fat. This is usually an aging change, but in a subset of patients this is hereditary in nature.

There are two ways to address this problem:

1. Camouflage with fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane or Boletero. Injection of these dermal fillers in tear trough region can improve the appearance  of the bags

2. The more permanent way to address this is through lower eyelid blepharoplasty to remove or reposition the fat, and sometimes even perform fat grafting to the surrounding tissue

Photos would be helpful.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon