How Can I Get Rid of Undereye Bags?

I've pretty much had undereye bad since the day I was born an I was wondering if there are ways to get rid of them besides surgery. Like facials or products, etc.

Options for lower eyelid bags

+1

Injectible fillers such as restylane, juvederm, and belotero can in skilled hand help to camouflage lower eyelid bags, but only to a point.  The trick is to fill in the hollow beneath the bags.  If you have severe protrusion of the fat, surgery usually works best.  In younger patients with good skin and muscle tone, the fat can be approached through the inner surface of the lower eyelid, a procedure known as transconjunctival blepharoplasty

How Can I Get Rid of Undereye Bags?

+1

Undereye bags result from orbital fat pushing forward. The definitive treatment is lower blepharoplasty where some of the fat is removed or repositioned. If you're seeking to avoid surgery, dermal filler can be placed to camouflage the bag and fill in the hollow below the bag. Filler treatments are performed as an office procedure and require 30-45 minutes. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ahh, no.

+1

Surgery or fillers are generally how these are addressed.  However, it is worth trying a good under-eye moisturizer.  While this is not a sure thing, moisturizing the skin can make things look much better.  You might even be satisfied with the level of improvement you achieve.  For select people, a chemical peel is also a potential option but this is kind of like a surgery. 

Options to treat under eye bags

+1

There are basically two options to help treat under eye bags.  One is the surgical option, which involves removing some of the protruding fat which causes the puffiness.  The other method, which is non-surgical, would involve injecting a filler, like Restylane, under the bag to help even out the area and improve it.  The result from the Restylane would be temporary, whereas the result from the surgery would be much longer lasting (i.e. years).  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eye bags

+1

If you've had "eye bags" since you were young, its likely you have lower eyelid prolapsed orbital fat. This is usually an aging change, but in a subset of patients this is hereditary in nature.

There are two ways to address this problem:

1. Camouflage with fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane or Boletero. Injection of these dermal fillers in tear trough region can improve the appearance  of the bags

2. The more permanent way to address this is through lower eyelid blepharoplasty to remove or reposition the fat, and sometimes even perform fat grafting to the surrounding tissue

Photos would be helpful.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon