How can I get rid of the scars on my nose? (Photo)

The photo shows my nose as of March 2014. The scars are the result of popping blackheads. I've had about 10 or 12 microdermabrasions, a couple light peels and two medium peels. I saw some improvement but not to the degree I would have liked. I've thought about laser resurfacing on just the nose, but have seen some reviews of patients with a permanent "orange peel" texture where the laser was used. What I can do to get rid of the scars on my nose, without causing further texture problems?

Scar therapy on the nose in Los Angeles

+1
A combination treatment using laser and subcision surgery would improve but not eliminate the scars on the nose.  Our office specializes in scar therapy in Los Angeles. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Scar on the nasal tip

+1
What the picture shows is a depressed scar on the tip of your dorsal nose.  The borders of the scar need to be leveled to the base of it.  This can be accomplish in 2 ways.  Sanding the borders to the level of the center with dermabrasion, or treated the center with fractional laser to help elevate the center.  Those are your 2 best options.

Maritza Perez, MD
New Canaan Dermatologic Surgeon

Nasal tip scar treatment

+1
Another technique that you could consider for your nasal tip is to have dermabrasion to resurface the skin. This is different than micro dermabrasion as the treatment provides a deeper level of treatment. The resurfacing can be blended to help with the transition from the treated to untreated areas. I do this quite a bit for facial scars, even those related to prior skin cancer, and it can be very helpful in smoothing out the area.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD