How to Get Rid of Side Boob from Augment 200cc Saline Implant over Muscle?

I originally had a lift on my 34D breasts. A week ago I had a 200cc saline hp implant above muscle just for upper pole fullness n not to change the size. I feel breasts are a little too big n wide and hate my side boob. Will my breast get smaller soon or do I need my pocket moved over and up to get rid of side boob or switch to 175 saline? I would like to do this asap in office before pocket forms. I want more like Blake Lively look, not waist shortening or wide but I like tapered.Help asap!

Breast implants resting to for laterally will require surgical correction.

+1

If I understand the problem correctly I think you'll need the procedure to place the implant will not fall to for laterally. This can be easily done by moving the implants to sub pectoral position with the new pocket.

Try to Wait

+1

If you recently had surgery I would wait for several months to see the final result.  Time may resolve your issue.  Rushing to downsize 25 cc will not make a difference.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Side Boob from Augment 200cc Saline Implant over Muscle?

+1

You are very early after your breast augmentation and used small implants.  I would not think that an implant size change would be beneficial.  Continue to wear a support bra and hope that as the capsule forms the implant will move more to the midline.  

Side boob?

+1

If your implant truly falls to the side to far, consider using a supportive bra 24/7 to help keep it where you want your implant to be.  Check with your surgeon for other alternatives.  Going down 25 cc's won't make a difference.  Keep your surgeon in the loop regarding your concerns.

Curtis Wong, MD

Small implants

+1

200 cc implants are pretty small and I would give it time to settle down before opting to exchange or remove them.

+1

This is not a large implant, and this appearance may be swelling related.  Give the result a few weeks to develop.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Side Boob - Needs evaluation in office

+1

Without seeing you in person, it is impossible to give specific advice.  Since you are just a week out from surgery, I would suggest you discuss your concern with your surgeon.  They likely having you wearing compression garment or bra and you could maximize medial compression to prevent lateralization of the capsule formation.  However, if the implant is too laterally displaced, then you may need surgery to more  the implant to a more medial position.  However, one week after surgery it is too early to make this determination.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Concerns about “Side Boob” after Breast Surgery?

+1

Given that you are only one week out of surgery, I would suggest patience.  Best to evaluate the end results of the procedure performed several months from now. If, at that point, you remain concerned about “side boob”, treatment recommendations will be based on physical examination and communication of goals.

For example, if the issue is adipose tissue, liposuction surgery may be helpful. If, on the other hand, the “side boob” is caused by the lateral breast implant displacement,  internal sutures (capsulorraphy)  may be indicated.

At this point, time and patience are your best friends. Continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon.

+1

This might be hard to answer in person, let alone online without a photo. 

If surgery were to be done soon, it would be impossible to adjust the pocket above the muscle until a capsule has formed. Any early revision, which most surgeons would heartily discourage, would require a new pocket under the muscle, and a careful dissection to avoid a repeat of implant too lateral. If the implant is too wide, a higher profile might be a consideration.

All the best.