How Do I Get Rid of Severely Loose Skin After Child Birth? I'm 117lbs with Abs That Are Covered. (photo)

When I got pregnant I was 114lbs and was 159lbs when I gave birth to a 8lb 7oz baby girl naturally. She stretch me out drastically and I lost weight in 2 weeks due to breast feeding and high metabolism. I am a fitness guru so I eat healthy and work out but I have a tremendous amount if extra skin. I was wondering if lipo cavitation would help me? You can clearly see abs under the skin but I am extremely self conscious and would love help or suggestions!

Lipo is not the answer for skin laxity

+2

Ideal candidates for fat reduction techniques have excess adipose (fat) and good elasticity to the tissue. The expectation is that once the fat is removed, the skin will shrink down to the new size.  It does not appear from the photo that your elasticity is good therefore after a fat reduction procedure it will likely remain loose.  The skin usually continues to change over time after pregnancy so I would wait until you have reached a stable state before proceeding with any body contouring procedure.  When skin is part of the problem, it requires a skin excision procedure like an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).  Otherwise, the skin remains a problem after the liposuction surgery.  You want to wait to do this until you have completed childbearing.

Durham Plastic Surgeon

+2

Only surgery will correct the excess skin NOT ant type of liposuction. But the issue is future pregnancies??? 

You will get better results with tummy tuck

+2

The indications for the liposuction is excess fatty tissue and god skin tone. You are fit and only have excess skin. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for in person evaluation.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

How Do I Get Rid of Severely Loose Skin After Child Birth? I'm 117lbs with Abs That Are Covered.

+2

You do not have any significant amount of fat to remove.  You have a skin issue and not a fat issue.  I perform about 400 liposuction procedures a year, and, if I thought you would benefit, I would tell you liposuction or lipocavitation.  A short scar tummy tuck would produce the best results.  The scar is a sacrifice to remove all of the loose skin from the pubic area to belly button.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Loose skin after child birth

+1

Sorry but the skin looks very loose and will probably not bounce back if this is several months after having the baby.  You may need a tummy tuck to remove all the excess skin.