Can I Get Rid of Sculptra with Sunshine?

A year after sculptra and my cheekbones are still too big. If I go out in the sun leaving the cheekbones unprotected will they go down more quickly? Thank you.

Sun exposure and Sculptra

+1

Sun exposure will not help your Sculptra . However, the sun exposure will increase the aging process.

It will take 1 to 2 years for the effects of your Sculptra to diminish.The enhancement will gradually start to fade. You should discuss this with your doctor.

Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

No, sun exposure will not effect sculptra

+1

No, sun exposure will not effect sculptra, it will go away naturally with time.  please share your concerns with your physician.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Sun Exposure and Sculptra

+1

Sun exposure will not make Sculptra resolve more quickly. Sculptra is gradually degraded into water and carbon dioxide over approximately 9 to 24 months. Newly formed collagen remains and the cosmetic augmentation has been noted to last up to at least 24 months. So all you can do is wait for Sculptra to resolve on its own.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Sun exposure will not affect sculptra injections

+1

Sun exposure will not make the sculptra effect wear off quicker and will only damage your skin. Typically sculptra lasts up to two years, but starts to gradually wear off before that so at 1 year you should be at a point where you should start to notice improvements.

Doris Day, MD