How Do I Get Rid of These Scar Tissue Bumps on my Scar? (photo)

Hello. I have had a scar from my nose going up to my lip for my whole life. I never had scar tissue build up under it until recently I noticed these bumps 8 months ago and I have no idea how to get rid of this scar tissue? I want to avoid injections because I'm scared it will get worse. I really need help this is getting in the way of me living my life it's on my mind all the time. I'm desperate for help. Thank you.

Scar

+1

It is very hard to appreciate what the cause of these bumps are by the photographs alone. An examination is necessary

+1

These irregular "bumps" can be corrected by steroid injections, revision or both. Best to have IN PERSON evaluations. 

Restylane and Active FX can help you

+1

Hi Mila,

Restylane is a dermal filler that is used to fill spaces but can also be used to breakdown scar tissue. I inject a small amount and then have you massage the area and return a month later for additional injections. It can be combined with the Active FX laser to reduce or possibly eliminate your scar.

Kimberly Cockerham, MD, FACS
Sacramento Oculoplastic Surgeon