How can I get rid of this scar on my elbow? (photo)

So I fell pretty hard on the sidewalk and as a result, I got a pretty big scar on my elbow. I've been told to apply cocoa butter on it, but I am not seeing any results. I have had this scar since November 2013. I am a young female and I wear a lot of long-sleeve shirts because I am embarrassed by the scar. Sometimes it hurts when something rubs against it and it also itches occasionally. Please if anyone can help me come up with an alternative to get rid of the scar, that would be great!

Scar Treatment Requires a Cosmetic Dermatologist Visit

+1
Please see a cosmetic dermatologist with surgical experience.  Based on the location and size, you look to have a hypertrophic scar and will need steroid injections +/- laser treatments to make it better.  Often if they dont improve after 3-4 treatments I offer surgical removal.  I would go to someone with a lot of skill and experience in treating scars.  Unfortunately creams do not work well, if at all, for this condition.  Biocorneum is an FDA proved scar gel, I would try that above all others.  We would gladly see you in the office.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer!

Scar options including Plato's Scar Serum

+1
Our office specializes in scar revision. A first line solution for scarring is the Plato's Scar Serum that we incorporate in our scar regimens. A consultation would help define your surgical or laser options.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS