How Can I Get Rid of a Scar/bump on my Lip? (photo)

About 7 years ago I was playing freeze tag and I ran into one of my friends. My mouth hit his forehead and one of my teeth pierced through my lip. The whole tooth came out with the root. Thank goodness it was a baby tooth. My lip was all bloody and so I went to the ER and they patched it up with 5 stitches. Now there is a bump there. Im getting to the part in my life where I want it gone. How can I get rid of it?

How Can I Get Rid of a Scar/bump on my Lip?

+2

It is hard to evaluate the scar/ bump completely with the single image but I typically recommend a scar revision for this type of problem. This involves cutting out the old scar and closing the incision meticulously which results in a much better looking scar. Incision on the red lip (as opposed to lacerations like you had) tend to heal very nicely. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar revision for the lip

+1

Scar excision and layered closure will help even out this lip scar and make it less noticeable.  I would combine this treatment with laser scar treatment.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS