How to Get Rid of Rashes Caused by Accutane?

Ive been on accutane for 2 months now (40mg a day) and I started to get itchy rashes on my lower legs, it has now spread to my wrists and upper legs aswell. What do I use to treat them? And also, is my 40mg dosage too low? I'm a 17 year old female with mild facial and back acne and I weigh about 65kg's

Rashes and Accutane

+1

Accutane can cause severe skin dryness. This is the number one complaint with it. It's important to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize while you're on it. Best way - after cool water (or right after you shower), apply a good moisturizer while your skin is still wet. It helps the product absorb better and faster. Avoid lotions with perfumes, that's very irritating. And a topical hydrocortisone, available over the counter from a pharmacy can also be applied to extremely dry or itchy places, after cool water. And no, you don't need to be on 80mg a day - upping your dosage won't help you get through this faster or better - it will make your skin insanely irritated and it will be intolerable.