Pigmented Acne Scars: Quick and Inexpensive Removal?

I'm a 17 yr-old girl with pigmented acne scars (and some acne) all over my face, worse around my chin/mouth/jaw area. I don't have the money for cosmetic acne surgery. The earliest I could get a dermatologist appointment was July but I want to be able to go to the beach without makeup this summer.

I'm desperate, please help! Is there anything my family doctor could prescribe? A treatment that is covered by OHIP? Or an effective over-the-counter/home remedy? FYI I'm in Ottawa, Ontario.

Acne Scarring and Active Acne

+1

I would do a skin care program and get your acne under control. You should be on a vitamin A analogue, topical antibiotic for spot treatments, and some at home treatments.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon