How Can I Get Rid of Perlane Three Years After Injection?

A good plastic surgeon injected Perlane into naso-labial and peri-oral folds. It formed balls around mouth and worms in folds. The Perlane also created rivulets on either side of the divet under nose. Two rounds of Vitrase were unsuccessful. What option do I have? Why is it remaining? Thanks!

Perlane removal after injections

+3

My guess would be that scar tissue has formed around the nodules. You might want to try a dilute steroid injection to see if this shrinks the appearance of the Perlane and then try another round of Vitrase. It is very unusual that Perlane, which is a HA product, is not responding to the Hyaluronidase. Your next option is excising the nodules. Since this action may create more scar tissue it would be my last option.

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Perlane and longevity

+1

Based on what you are describing, it is very difficult to answer your question without first viewing photo's of the areas of concern. Perlane shouldn't last 3 years and I would follow up with your provider for more options to help improve those areas.

Sam Naficy, MD

Perlane problems

+1

If you are having problems with the perlane and want it removed, you should go back to your doctor and have him dissolve with hyaluronidase.