How Can I Get Rid of Numerous Wrinkles, and Bumps That Developed After Getting Juvederm in October of 2012? (photo)

I had Juvederm injected under both eyes in Oct.,of 2012, to get riid of two crows feet: one on each side of my eyes, that were visible when I smiled deeply. I wanted both lines traced with Juvederm, but the doctor flooded large areas of, under both eyes, causing dozens of deep wrinkles, and bumps, to form under, and around, my eyes, and on my eyelids. The doctor gave me more Botox to cover the horrible wrinkles., but many wrinkles, and bumps, remain and are disfiguring. Please, I .need advice!

Juvederm Around the Tear Trough Area

+1

If the lines were fine, Belotero is probably the best choice for that area.  If the tear trough needed filling as well, Restylane is a good choice.  The Juvederm can be dissolved with hyaluronidase to ameliorate the situation.

Issues following Juvederm treatment

+1

Hello, and very sorry to hear about the result you experienced following your procedure. Typically, the best treatment for crow's feet is Botox. If necessary, the Juvederm that was injected can be dissolved with the enzyme hyaluronidase. To determine the best option for you, an exam would really be necessary. I would recommend speaking with your physician who performed the injections, as he/she knows the extent of your treatment and will be able to provide you with a potential solution. Thank you and I hope this helps!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Wrinkles bumps after Juvederm, Need advice!!

+1

Your photos are a little blurry but I can see you still have bruises and some swollen or "bumpy" areas in the "after" photos.  This tells me you still have some healing to do.  Things may look better in another week but you can massage the lumps or let your doctor do this.  If that doesn't help, the Juvederm can be dissolved with an enzyme called hyaluronidase. 

Sam Naficy, MD

Juvederm injections

+1

Dear reparata,

• Wrinkles with smiling, such as yours, can happen with just the weight of the cheek pushing up on the skin around the eyes
  • It is hard to tell from your before after since they are blurry
  • The after pictures are only 5 days after Juvederm and it would be nice to see your 3 week pics
  • The bumps usually smooth out, if you are unhappy and are not getting the answers you need, a second opinion could also help.  A thorough examination would be necessary

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD