Can I Get Rid of Nose Hump Without a Surgery? (photo)

Some years ago I got hit on my nose and now I have quite big hump at the upper level. The nose itself is quite straight, just the hump is there and is visible from both sides. I was wondering if there is a way to get rid of it without having a surgery? It really bothers my so much that I sometimes think of hitting the hump. The hump does got smaller if I pushed it down but just for some minutes.. thanks for your answers. I also added a picture

Remove Nose Hump Without Surgery

Non surgical methods do not remove the nose hump, just camouflage the bump. This is done by injecting fillers into the depression above the nose hump to raise the depression and make the side view more of a straight line.

I do not believe this camouflage technique will work for you as the depression above the hump is minor.

The hump is 2/3 cartilage and can easily be lowered to create a very nice nasal profile by using a standard Rhinoplasty Surgery procedure.

See an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience in Rhinoplasty Surgery.

My view is you would be wasting money on a filler.

Currently, there isn't a non-surgical option.

It’s not unusual for patients to develop significant dorsal humps following nasal trauma. These humps consist of displaced bone and cartilage and adversely impact facial aesthetics. For this reason patient’s are often eager to have them removed.
Unfortunately there are no non-surgical methods for removing dorsal humps. Occasionally injectable fillers can be utilized to disguise them, but this only works when they’re small. This approach also needs to be repeated at frequent intervals.
Under these circumstances patients with significant post traumatic nasal deformities are better off consulting a board certified plastic surgeon. This surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses their concerns.

Softening a Nasal Hump without Surgery

Fillers can be a great simple tool to soften the nose. A computer imager can show you possible results.

You may want to place filler in the chin area to advance the chin forward. This may help to make the nose look smaller.

Brian Maloney, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eliminating Nasal Hump Without Surgery

Fillers can be used to camouflage a hump by adding volume to the surrounding tissue, but your hump is too large for this to be effective. When you put pressure on the hump you are temporarily eliminating fluid in the skin over the  fullness caused by the underlying bone and cartilage. Surgical removal of the hump is a frequent procedure with minimal risk which will provide a permanent result.

Nose hump options

The short answer is no you can not fix this one without surgery.  To me, it looks more like developmental than traumatic in origin, but no matter.

Due to the profile picture, adding fillers won't help due to the aesthetic of the nose.  On the bright side, if all other parts of the nose are acceptable to you, a simple procedure of filing it down may be all that is needed.  This can not be guaranteed without an exam of course.

Do yourself a favor and quit pushing on it- may hurt yourself, and it will do no good.

Sorry for the news.

Nasal hump can only be corrected with surgery

Thanks for the photo. The only way that you are going to correct your "hump" is with surgery. You should seek one or more consultations with board certified plastic surgeons in your area and then make your decisions.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Nose hump

You will need surgery to correct this hump. It is both bony and cartilaginous. You should have a nice result though.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

As you can read the only true option is surgery to reduce the hump. best to see in person a boarded PS in your area. 

Rhinoplasty is your only realistic option

You have a significant dorsal hump that is appears to be comprised of bone and cartilage.  Some doctors might try to add a filler to camoflauge your hump.  I do not think that result from that would be acceptable.  I would suggest seeking consultation with a competent rhinoplasty surgeon.  Rhinoplasty is your only realistic option  Board Certification by the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery, American Board of Cosmetic Surgery or the American Board of Plastic Surgery is preferred.  Warmest regards.

Dr. Pippin

Gregory Pippin, MD
Metairie Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal hump removal without surgery--not this one!

You have a significant nasal hump consisting of bone AND cartilage, and with due respect to my colleagues, fillers (any kind) or cortisone (any strength) will not help this to any degree you will find acceptable.

Rhinoplasty is your only and best action; thus, you must find a surgeon who is experienced and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or the American Board of Otolaryngology (Facial Plastic Surgery) to do an excellent job for you. This will require a full, complete rhinoplasty with osteotomies, but the exact details are best left to your examining surgeon. Good luck!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon